The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 9, 2001, 11:16 AM   #1
KFAWKU123

I would like to know of any experiences good/bad with a quality Kydex holster for a Beretta 92FS Brigadier. Any recommendations are welcome and appreciated.

~ KFA
Old February 9, 2001, 04:23 PM   #2
SOE

We have used Blade Tech Kydex inour holsters and were very pleased with the quality.

S/F

SOE
http://www.soegear.com
Old February 9, 2001, 09:46 PM   #3
Javahed

We have some holsters that are ballistic nylon with rigid plastic inserts.

The Omega VI Assault Holster This holster is also available in an airborne model, it has an extra removable weapon security strap to keep the weapon totally secure during air, water or extreme ops.

We also offer the CQR (Close Quarters Retention) holster. It is designed to allow the shooter to snap his/her pistol
for prisoner control without using the thumb break and to allow absolute release and quick draw when needed. Tension settings are fully adjustable. This is a drop leg design holster that looks identical to the Omega VI.

Hope this helps

Dan

Always offering active and prior military, police, EMS and S&R 20% off all Blackhawk products.
Go Get em Gear
Old February 10, 2001, 07:09 AM   #4
KFAWKU123

Thanks for the responses, I'll look into them both.

KFA
Old February 10, 2001, 10:25 AM   #5
WoundChannel

Maddog...

Take a look at Maddog kydex holsters. http://www.mdenterprise.com
I heartily accept the motto,-"That government is best which governs least;" and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically. Carried out, it finally amounts to this, which I also believe,-"That government is best which governs not at all;" and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have.--Henry David Thoreau
Old February 10, 2001, 10:27 AM   #6
skevlar

FWIW, The favored Mad Dog does not list their excellent Kydex for the Brigadier currently. Have an early Brig. Elite 96 that was hard to find holsters for due to the slide dim. Got Wilson Combat's "Practical" and have been quite pleased with its quality, construction and draw-speed. Would have gotten their "Tactacial Assault" but needed LH. The T/A is .080" Kydex w/suede lining with tension screw adj. http://www.wilsoncombat.com
Old February 10, 2001, 10:30 AM   #7
WoundChannel

Blackhawk gear...

You might want to check out the Navy Seal forum at http://www.tacticalforums.com before you buy Blackhawk. There have been numerous negative posts by people who really use the gear. Just do a search for Blackhawk within the forum.
I heartily accept the motto,-"That government is best which governs least;" and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically. Carried out, it finally amounts to this, which I also believe,-"That government is best which governs not at all;" and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have.--Henry David Thoreau
Old February 10, 2001, 10:42 AM   #8
Master Blaster

Desantis has started making kydex holsters and I have been very pleased with two iwb's for 1911 and a g26. I can wear them with shorts and a tshirt to cover. His prices are also reasonable.
Old February 10, 2001, 10:51 AM   #9
Master Blaster

the holsters i own are leather.

Look at the kydex 095 for baretta iwb, also many other styles. prices are between 35.00 and 65.00. His delivery has always been prompt, his holsters are as nice or nicer than any I have seen from custom makers.

http://www.desantisholster.com/Web%2...20holsters.htm
Old February 10, 2001, 01:35 PM   #10
Javahed

Here is a link to the post woundchannel spoke of. http://64.177.53.248/ubb/Forum12/HTML/000041-3.html
The forum is three pages long, ending with a general concensus that Blackhawk makes an excellent product, but read it for yourself. Many questions in the forum were answered by Mike Noell, a prior service SEAL, the president of Blackhawk.

Dan

Oh, and talking about people that use the gear, I'm an active duty Special Forces soldier, C 2/1 SFG, Ft Lewis, just in case you had any questions about the gear's performance