The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old July 21, 2015, 08:14 AM   #1
Rothdel

Pistol Star of your Movie

Bad weather here last weekend so I ended up watching more movies than is probably good for a person in that short of a time frame. I saw some great gun flicks however so not all was lost.

After watching:

John Wick (Kung Fu with Guns)
Wanted (what the heck is an Iminishi??? Looks Like a 92 with a compensator to me)
Fast and Furious 6 (love the revolver the rock uses)
Last Stand (ridiculous but was that a Dragoon the bad guy was using???)

I got to thinking:

What gun do you own that is uniquely tied to you?

I’m not asking for your most tactical, best hunting, most practical, most useful ect ect ect

If someone made a movie with you as the star which gun that you own would indelibly be associated with you? Remember we are talking Movies here so usefulness is a minor consideration.

For me it would be a Ruger Vaquero with the birds head grip. Not sure why but of all the guns I own this is my favorite and the one I most identify as being uniquely mine. Sorry I don’t have a picture handy but here is Rugers spec sheet on it.

http://www.ruger.com/products/vaquer...eets/5151.html

Not at all practical for virtually anything but I find this gun making its way into my range bag virtually every trip.
Old July 21, 2015, 08:41 AM   #2
rep1954

Just hits a sweet spot for me.

Old July 21, 2015, 08:55 AM   #3
g.willikers

What else - a 1911 in basic blue.
Old July 21, 2015, 09:39 AM   #4
44 AMP
Staff

I chose this one for my screen name...

Old July 21, 2015, 10:10 AM   #5
Bob Wright

More'n likely it'd be this:

Bob Wright
Old July 21, 2015, 10:33 AM   #6
Homerboy

Beretta 92.
Old July 21, 2015, 11:07 AM   #7
lee n. field

Quote:
What gun do you own that is uniquely tied to you?
None. My collection has been and is, over time, fairly fluid. (And, I'm also at the point that, if it didn't change a bit from here on out, I'd be OK with what I have. I think. As soon as I pick up the gun I just bought....)
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old July 21, 2015, 11:17 AM   #8
psyfly

I and my choice in a movie, eh?

Well, I always liked kinda quirky and kinda different and, as a result of one of our dear leader's recent executive orders, you can't get them any more:

I think it would look pretty good in a movie. Also, at one time, I could regularly make a single hole with it at 25'.

W
Old July 21, 2015, 11:39 AM   #9
Stevie-Ray

This one. It is a Kimber UCDP, and I shoot it better than any carry gun I've ever fired. It was also the most accurate out-of-the-box weapon I've ever seen, with the exception of my T/C Contender which should be a ludicrous comparison. I've carried it for over 12 years now, and will continue in that vein. I would say my personal self-customized Colt Mark IV, but I don't carry that, so I'm also being practical, as well as believable, as most will readily admit that nobody will actually carry an IPSC intended gun.

Old July 21, 2015, 11:40 AM   #10
wogpotter

The Webley-Fosbery Self-Cocking Automatic Revolver in .455 of course. Reloaded with webley prideaux (speed loaders). It would be some Steampuink-themed adventure.

Why?

Just to sneak into the back row of theaters & laugh as the "experts" in the audience ranting on about how the speed loader hadn't been invented then.

Elderly Hunter: “That's dashed unsporting. Probably Belgium.”
Old July 21, 2015, 02:26 PM   #11
Cyanide971

Without a doubt it would definitely have to be my CZ 100. Or even better, both of them, and then we could call the movie "200" hahahahahahaha.

Old July 21, 2015, 02:49 PM   #12
tallball

A 4" or 6" 357 with nice wooden grips.

Old July 21, 2015, 03:11 PM   #13
GyMac

I shoot the .38 special (a lot) from 4, 5, and 6 inch S&W's, but the gun that appeals most to me is my East German Makarov. It, or a Bulgarian, are usually with me.
Old July 21, 2015, 03:17 PM   #14
skizzums

Old July 21, 2015, 05:29 PM   #15
WC145

Well, I've got a few customs that are unique but the two that stand out for the purposes of this thread are my Clark Custom Meltdown Colt -

Or my Krebs Custom .45ACP S&W M28 "CROWBAR" -

Titles are obvious.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge or jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - LtCol Jeff Cooper
Old July 21, 2015, 06:41 PM   #16
mpmax

Suttle, but cool.

Old July 21, 2015, 07:37 PM   #17
osbornk

I would want to be a sniper with a Ruger Mark 3 with a suppressor and a scope.
Old July 21, 2015, 07:38 PM   #18
DanTSX

Glock 18 duh
Old July 21, 2015, 08:03 PM   #19
magnum777

The Ruger GP100.
Old July 21, 2015, 08:06 PM   #20
FITASC

HK P7 for me
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old July 21, 2015, 08:52 PM   #21
Sevens

I'd be running around with a S&W 1006 with fixed sights. But everyone and their brother would figure it was a 4506!
Old July 21, 2015, 09:48 PM   #22
JohnKSa
Staff

I really only have one that would stand out as being fairly unique.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg EII_newgrips_small.jpg (127.9 KB, 2703 views)
Old July 22, 2015, 12:21 PM   #23
dyl

NAA mini revolver 22LR x 2

We're in a *movie* right? So that means never reloading, always hitting. Movie magic indeed for my mini revolver. In fact, I'd say it would make it useable.

I'd have one in each hand, several strapped to my forearms, hiding in a fake Afro wig, baked into my pizza crust, and of course they would only serve to augment my tremendous close quarters action scenes.

The after-credits scenes would show me in reality shooting it at 7 yards. Bang! squint... "dang it.." Bang! squint.... "dang it.."
Old July 22, 2015, 03:48 PM   #24
shaunpain

I'm drooling over all of your guns, guys. Just... WOW. You've put some stuff on my radar I didn't even know existed.

I would typically go for a classic gun, but anything that's really unusual will get my eye. I don't own any rare guns, so if it has to be whatever is in my inventory, I'd pick my Sig C3. I think more CCOs in films would pique my interest.
Old July 22, 2015, 04:25 PM   #25
Sevens

Minor thread drift alert:

On Breaking Bad, I wanna say it was Season 3, Jesse & Walt are pitted against two street dealing thugs & one of them has a S&W 945. A lot of curb appeal on screen because it is very catchy to the eye -- not much on the market (ever) looks quite like a 945 and if you are a gun crank like any one of us, it really stands out for the brief moment you see it.

My initial reaction was, "Heck yeah!"
Of course, I am a huge fan of pre-Tupperware S&W semi-auto pistols. The 945 was a Performance Center product and compared to a production gun... extremely limited in the number they produced.

It was shortly after when I became annoyed. A very limited handgun has likely been physically altered for Hollywood prop use (to run on blanks, etc) and at the very least... this already scarce and sought after fine pistol is being knocked out thug's hand and rattled across asphalt.

Arrrgh.
But it is just a handgun. They made more than one. So I try not to dwell on it.