The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old March 17, 2002, 07:41 AM   #1
kmk678gc

Rem 1100 parts

Does anyone know where I can get part for a 1976 1100 . Rem no longer sells the parts It's a 20 Ga. built on a 12 Ga. frame. I lost the operating handle ,detent ball, detent spring. I ordered parts from gun corp after I e-mailed them to make sure I was going to get the right parts. I didn't I don't want to play games like that oh not right try these or these just pay the shipping and handling every time!
Old March 17, 2002, 10:06 AM   #2
George Stringer
Staff Alumnus

kmk678gc, if you ordered item nos. 100830, 102070 & 87690 you ordered the correct parts. I know what you mean with Numrich. I just 2 weeks ago got an extractor/ejector for an old Stevens 94 12ga. The one that arrived was obviously for a .410. On the parts page in the catalogue it says that some are different sizes and I specified the width and ga, it's even noted on the invoice. It was supposed to be a 12ga height .400" wide. The one they sent measured .290" wide and protuded about 1/4" into the chamber mouth. I reordered the part figuring to just hang onto the wrong one as I rarely exchange parts. Made double sure that the order taker understood what I needed and the part came yesterday. Identical to the first one they sent and still with the notation on the invoice of the described dimensions. I welded up the sides and recut the whole thing to what I needed. There's an hour and a half I won't get paid for but I don't want to make the customer wait longer just to see if they can get it right next time. I've been dealing with them for 27 years and this has always been a problem. Their favorite phrase is "workable substitue". On the other hand 95% of the time the parts I get from them are correct. George
Old March 19, 2002, 11:18 PM   #3
Spydie Man

try brownells

they have excellent coustomer service imho. The have a website but I reccomend getting their catalog.
I just got done ordering some parts and bluing from them on-line. That was thursday evening and I recived everything tuesday before five. Not too bad for coming from Iowa via fedex ground to NW Ohio.
Old March 21, 2002, 07:27 PM   #4
kmk678gc

I just recieved a letter from numrich saying the parts i got are the only style they have.I did talk to a gunsmith today he told me that a oper. handle from a 12 ga. sould work as for the ball and spring i'll have to find a ball bearing and spring that work at a hardware store. thanks Bob