The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old August 18, 2014, 08:19 PM   #1
Burdette

"The Truth About Guns" New Low in Cop Bashing

If you guys are familiar with the blog site, The Truth About Guns, you may have noticed that Robert Farago, the site's owner, has a real axe to grind against law enforcement. At every possible opportunity he is bashing the police, to a point that can only be described now as an obsession.

He reached a new low with a post in which, based on his extensive personal background in law enforcement, firearms training and criminal investigation [sarcasm there folks] he provides his readers with his "speculations" on what happened in the Michael Brown shooting.

Read it for yourself.
Old August 18, 2014, 08:43 PM   #2
Machineguntony

The police should serve the public. It has become the other way around, where the police have a 'us vs. them' mentality.

Nothing is wrong with harsh and never-ending criticism of the police.
Old August 18, 2014, 08:57 PM   #3
Ruger480

Quote:
Nothing is wrong with harsh and never-ending criticism of the police
Going to have to agree with this. Don't know if I would have worded it this way but my sentiment is about the same.
Old August 18, 2014, 09:04 PM   #4
kilimanjaro

Quite a bit of speculation, not much analysis.

Seems like an entire crop of experts on police training, practices, psychology, criminal behavior, ballistics, gunshot wounds, and mind-reading, ad nauseum, have arisen in the past few days.

That's just the experts. There seems to be an equal number of people who know to the smallest detail exactly what happened, without having ever been near the state of Missouri, let alone standing in the street where it happened last weekend, simply by reading a single headline.
Old August 18, 2014, 09:06 PM   #5
TXAZ

Until the FACTS are known, most of this is just garbage trying to sell airtime during "news". That time is typically months at the very earliest.

As for criticism / constant oversight of the police, I would agree if it is equally spread across all governmental agencies. And I work for them.
Old August 18, 2014, 09:15 PM   #6
gc70

Since this is the Law and Civil Rights forum, I will just say that I would be more impressed if Farago bothered to research Missouri law before pronouncing legal conclusions.
Old August 18, 2014, 09:17 PM   #7
4thPoint

That worked out much better on GlockTalk, didn't it?

Of course, GT practically idolizes the police to an extent that nary a word against their misconduct may be heard lest you incur the wrath of the moderators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptmccain on GlockTalk
If you guys are familiar with the blog site, The Truth About Guns, you may have noticed that Robert Farago, the site's owner, has a real axe to grind against law enforcement. At every possible opportunity he is bashing the police, to a point that can only be described now as an obsession.

He reached a new low with a post in which, based on his extensive personal background in law enforcement, firearms training and criminal investigation [sarcasm there folks] he provides his readers with his "speculations" on what happened in the Michael Brown shooting.

Read it for yourself.
Old August 18, 2014, 09:32 PM   #8
Tom Servo
Staff

The situation in Ferguson is already under discussion in another thread. Let's not fork it into additional threads.

If one has an issue with Farago in particular, his website has a comments section in which we can respond.
Closed Thread