The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old March 3, 2014, 03:05 PM   #1
Boogaloo Tactical

Fight fire WITH FIRE - A NATIONAL TRAITOR DATABASE

I had this idea about a year ago when the newspaper in new york published the names and address of gun owners through an online map. Remember that one?

I started talking about the idea with a friend of mine who is much more capable than I am when it comes to databases, and how to grow, manage and host them over seas so they would be virtually untouchable, but also so that the database would copy itself on a regular basis for back up purposes, so that it would always be available somewhere online.

I mentioned the idea to a few other friends who also thought it was a fantastic way to fight fire with fire, and put these renegade politicians on notice that the NSA is not the only tool in the tool shed. WE THE PEOPLE have tools at our disposal to keep THEM in check as well.

Well, it seems a guy in Connecticut has beaten me to the punch, at least on a smaller scale than I originally envisioned.

Check this out:

{Link Redacted}

What if people banded together on a massive scale, and started feeding a database with the names, addresses, phone numbers, businesses owned by, frequented by, schools attended by, cars owned by etc. etc. etc. of these politicians that are doing nothing but devouring the second amendment (basically the entire constitution) and spitting it out their back sides?

It would not take a whole lot of effort really. If a few people in each district of their respective states, started asking around, doing a little research and collecting data. The database would start to grow in fairly short order. No politician would be immune from the database. That goes for senators, congressmen/women, mayors, LEO, school board members, EVERY ELECTED OFFICIAL who has a hand in making policy should be accounted for. ALL OF THEM.

Imagine the possibilities.

Last edited by Brian Pfleuger; March 3, 2014 at 08:23 PM.
Old March 3, 2014, 04:02 PM   #2
JimDandy

Well for starters it would be just as bad as the newspaper that did it.

It's still a monumental invasion of privacy with an overt intimidation factor that could conceivably contribute directly to tragedy. I wouldn't want to be a part of it.

Edit to Add: It also cheapens the meaning of the word traitor. We're getting awful cozy with overusing the ideas of treason, traitor, impeachment, and so on.

Last edited by JimDandy; March 3, 2014 at 04:11 PM.
Old March 3, 2014, 04:56 PM   #3
thallub

The legislators in CT responded to the mass murder of school kids and teachers by passing some strict gun control laws. The majority of voters in CT supported those gun control laws. Folks from outside CT can rant but they can't vote in that state.

Publishing the addresses of CT legislators is over the top. God forbid some weak minded person uses that list to attack a politician.
Old March 3, 2014, 05:13 PM   #4
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
Well for starters it would be just as bad as the newspaper that did it.
Agreed. We need to be the better men (and women).

This makes us look vindictive and nasty, and if something terrible should befall one of those legislators, it would put the spotlight squarely on the gun culture.

We're discussing the Connecticut issue in other threads, so it's lights-out on this one.
Closed Thread