The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old January 19, 2014, 09:13 AM   #26
Mike Irwin
Staff

Emily Miller from the Washington Times took this on the other day.

Good interview. Amusing.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-w...un-grabber-cnn

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old January 20, 2014, 01:19 PM   #27
44 AMP
Staff

I liked the clip, and the article. We need more of this. For decades, the other side has been tossing out their statistics without challenge and with constant unquestioning repetition from all the media outlets.

Good to see someone actually calling one of them to task on it!
Old January 20, 2014, 01:29 PM   #28
JERRYS.

ironically, howard stern is one of elitists that have a NYC ccw permit yet refuses to take a stand for the same right being extended to the working man.
Old January 22, 2014, 12:06 PM   #29
SPEMack618

Howard Stern is now supposed to represent the everyman? The guy who had a radio show that more often than not had spank offs and bikini mud wrestling contests for plastic surgery?

And I had to Google Merly Streep. She ain't no Emma Stone, that's for sure.

I hope this gets made, he sinks a bunch of money into it, and we can give it the Mystery Science Theater 3000 treatment in the Q one night via internet download.
Old January 22, 2014, 12:12 PM   #30
carguychris

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEMack618
I hope this gets made, he sinks a bunch of money into it, and we can give it the Mystery Science Theater 3000 treatment in the Q one night via internet download.
I hope Tom Servo is still paying attention to this thread, and that he can convince Crow and Mike or Joel to come out of retirement for this...
Old January 22, 2014, 12:46 PM   #31
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
I hope Tom Servo is still paying attention to this thread, and that he can convince Crow and Mike or Joel to come out of retirement for this...
Nope. Same reason they never touched Bowling for Columbine.

Let them run their movie. Let a few of their elitist friends fawn over how sensitive and soul-searching it is. They'll make some money, and they'll get a few awards.

In the meantime, NRA enrollment will skyrocket, and so will gun sales. Weinstein gets to be smug, but he's not going to change anyone's mind on the issue.

Then he can go back to making Disembowler: the Bloodening Part XI or whatever he does when he's not feeling all hypocritical.