The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Closed Thread

Old December 19, 2013, 06:06 PM   #1
SansSouci

Natchez has .22 LR Ammo

At least it did a few minutes ago.

Remington Thunderbolt
Federal Champion

I'm done paying through the nose and BS Haz Mat fess.
Old December 19, 2013, 06:45 PM   #2
SaxonPig

Times remain tough on ammo and reloading supplies. No idea when it may improve if ever.

PS: If all I had was Thunderbolt I'd have to quit shooting my 22s. Crappiest stuff I ever tested. Gave away the last of it I had on hand a couple weeks ago.

I bagged this today. Gander Mountain advertised the CCIs and they also had the Federals. Limit was 1 of each. Swung by the Walmart and what do you know, they had the 333 boxes of Winchesters. Limit 3 so I took that many. I think that's 1,857 rounds and I paid about $85 for the lot.

Another PS: Shouldn't be a Haz Mat fee on loaded ammo.

Old December 19, 2013, 07:03 PM   #3
bigautomatic

Totally agree on the Thunderbolt. Worst rimfire ammo I've ever shot. It's bang, poof, pop, when it should go bang, bang, bang. Very dirty too.
Old December 19, 2013, 07:41 PM   #4
SaxonPig

It is very inconsistent on velocity. I noted 100 FPS variance from round to round. No accuracy at that rate.
Old December 19, 2013, 09:38 PM   #5
SansSouci

I've never used Thunderbolt. I wasn't getting soaked for $27.50 Haz Mat. How hazardous can ammo be? Doesn't he military ship millions of tons of ammo on aircraft w/o incident? Haz Mat sounds like profit padding.

We have a few thousand or more .22 LR.

Just over a week ago I paid $54 for a brick of Remington premium stuff at an Orange County, CA gun store. I'm done paying high prices for stuff. I know supply & demand, which is why I'm moving off the demand curve. A nearby store is having a members sale tomorrow. If I have to bring Vaseline to buy .22 LR ammo, I'm passing because I'm done getting screwed.
Old December 20, 2013, 09:59 AM   #6
SaxonPig

Again, loaded ammo doesn't require a haz mat unless things have recently changed and I missed it. If you were charged a haz mat fee on loaded ammo you got cheated.
Old December 20, 2013, 12:28 PM   #7
Spats McGee
Staff

Please refer to the "Where is Everything" thread down in General Discussions.

Thank you,
Spats

If you ever have a real need for more than a couple of magazines, your problem is not a shortage of magazines. It's a shortage of people on your side of the argument. -- Art Eatman
Closed Thread