The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old September 12, 2013, 10:01 AM   #26
BigD_in_FL

Aside from mosquitoes, your biggest aggressor will be water mocs if near water or gators if it is mating season.

Damn near hit a panther in the panhandle area with my car but otherwise, no issue with them or bears.

Meth heads and Rainbow Folks in Ocala forest. The range is anything goes; sometimes there is someone acting as RSO but always have a second person -one to change targets and one to watch the guns while the other changes the targets - lots of unsafe yahoos pointing guns everywhere

Lots of good places to shoot, even outdoors; north of Ocala, Bradford Sportsmens Farm has sporting clays, pistol ranges, rifles ranges and an 850 yard range

NSSF has a smart phone app called Where to Shoot - you put in you zip and it finds every indoor and outdoor place with your specified radius
Old September 12, 2013, 05:03 PM   #27
Kevin_d77

Grizz, I live in Tampa now but I grew up down in Port Charlotte/Deep Creek area. I just never went looking for them I guess. I know they're around!