The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old September 10, 2013, 06:07 PM   #1
noelf2

Nicer version of the mag-spark nipple

I'm running very low on musket primers for my shotgun and can't find any locally. Don't really want to convert back to #11 primers. I didn't realize that Cabela's had these in stock. Pedersoli version of the mag-spark. Pricey but I have tons of 209 primers. These can keep me going in a pinch and they're blued, not shiny silver like the mag-sparks. Never had the inclination to get something like this before, but hey, times are weird. Pedersoli uses 1/4x28 thread nipples so these should work in T/C sidelocks too.

http://tinyurl.com/ng7mnp4
Old October 2, 2013, 06:36 PM   #2
dlbarr

Probly 3-4 years ago I decided that I'd stock up on caps, so every week I'd go in and buy a couple tins or so. I have approx 2000 #11s now. Did the same thing with 209 primers and have maybe 3-4000 of those, I believe.

Did the same thing with .22LR and now have maybe 11-12,000 rounds of that. (should get me to the grave, I'm thinking) Don't have nor really want an AR-type weapon but wish I'd stocked up on .223s also.

Yeah, we live in different times now. Didn't really see this coming, at least not like it is. I even have a few musket caps left - but only a handful. I might pick up one of these Pedersoli gizmos...