The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old July 19, 2013, 07:06 PM   #26
Kreyzhorse

Quote:
Sounds like you're looking for a walther PPS. Shoots like a full size. Different size mags with different floor plates/pinky extensions. Is ultra thin. Comes in 9mm or 40.
I agree. My PPS has replace my j frame as my full time carry piece.

The trigger is excellent and it reall does shoot like a full size in the 9mm version.

I have heard the recoil is stout in the .40 version.
Old July 19, 2013, 11:00 PM   #27
pelo801

I have the 40. It's not too bad at all. It's a little snappy, but I would think that true about any sub compact 40. I also have a full size tanfoglio in 40. The two are comparable.
Old July 20, 2013, 01:01 PM   #28
orionengnr

You didn't say what you own or carry now, nor did you say why the ones that you currently own are less than optimal. What do you shoot well?

Without that, we are left to guess, or espouse our personal favorites.

That said, my own experience led me to abandon double-stacks for carry. That narrows the field down quite a bit. So I carry either an alloy frame 4" 1911 or a polymer Kahr P45.

When I carry a revolver IWB, it is a 4" S&W K or N-frame. If you are looking at .357, the K-frame is a lot easier to carry.