The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old July 15, 2013, 05:15 AM   #1
FrogOfSteel

Need Help Jammed SCCY CPX 1 9MM

Well I was cleaning my SCCY Production Model CPX 1 9mm but when i tried to reassemble the parts i forgot to put in a peice before i let the slide go from the Slid Hold thing and now my spring is stuck inside of the Slide because i cant move the slide forward,after messing with it a peice that would hold the magazine fell out and now im tired and upset because of my bad luck so i really need help. How can i get the spring out without wasting money for a gunsmith? here are pictures to help my situation out

P.S. Im going to also add a photo of all the peices i got.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130715_050340.jpg (259.4 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130715_050524.jpg (269.0 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130715_050452.jpg (252.3 KB, 42 views)
Old July 15, 2013, 06:00 AM   #2
kahrguy

I would contact SCCY and see about have'n them send you a shipping label and let them upgrade the pistol to the cpx2 spec or replace it. What ever they deem fit. They do seem to jump all over problem pistols even sending parts to owners free if they can do the work.
Old July 15, 2013, 06:42 AM   #3
qwiksdraw

Quote:
...and let them upgrade the pistol to the cpx2 spec ...
What do you mean?

The CPX 1 has a safety and the CPX2 does not have a safety. That would be changing models, not an upgrade. (The no-safety-snobs are going to rip me up for that comment!)

Or did you mean GENERATION 2? That would be an upgrade because SCCY made significant improvements in performance on both models. Thus your suggestion would be an excellent one!
Old July 16, 2013, 06:58 AM   #4
kahrguy

qwiksdraw Contact sccy and talk to them. I have read they can update the old pistol to be reliable and that we all know it was not. Kinda like KT did with the pf-9 and p-11. Just kept plugging away at it till it worked.
Old July 18, 2013, 09:37 PM   #5
Mikef262

I had a problem with a Glock like that. Glock 22 in a hurry to put the slide back on, as company was showing up any minute, and I didn't want a gun out in the open. I went to re-slide it, and I guess I put it on wrong or something, and the slide locked back, and wouldn't budge. Father contacted the armorer at his old station, and he said just to smack it off with a mallet. Informing me it would more than likely break a spring, but he fixed it for me free in exchange for half a box of 45 hydrashok.