The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old June 12, 2007, 07:42 AM   #1
piercfh

Interarms MKX Stock

Forgive me for my lack of knowledge, but is the Interarms MKX action considered a mauser 98? Im looking to buy a mkX and change the stock to a bell and calson. They have plenty of stock options for mauser 98 actions, but not much of a selection for interarms rifles. Im highly satisfied with the feel of the bell and carlson on my heavy barrel savage. I really hope I can get one for this hunting rifle project.

Has anyone out there restocked there mkX with a bell and carlson, or could you give me advice on fitment in the mauser 98 stocks.

thanks
Frank
Old June 12, 2007, 11:06 AM   #2
Scorch

Typically, yes, the Mark X is considered a 98 Mauser. For stockmakers, the trigger guard and the safety lever on a Mark X will be different from a K98 and will require additional inletting. Call Bell & Carlson and ask them. They probably make a stock for commercial Mauser actions.
Taylor Machine
Old June 12, 2007, 11:56 AM   #3
srtrax

Scorch: is right on about the diffrences between the two.

B/C makes there stocks in both, (Mauser & Mk X) the Carbelite Classic in short and long action......and there Medalist in short and long action, with all kinds of options.http://rifle-stocks-order-page.easys...tocks/list.htm
Old June 12, 2007, 08:07 PM   #4
piercfh

WOW exactly what I was looking for.

thanks
Old June 15, 2007, 12:50 PM   #5
srtrax

If you order one, let us know what you think about it and if it helps groups any. I sold more of the B.C.s than any others in the shop days. They were well built for the money a few years ago.
Old June 15, 2007, 05:34 PM   #6
joshua

I have a Interarms MarkX in 270Win, but I bought the action the shop I bought it from glassbedded it in a B&C Carbelite. Pretty darn accurate rifle for the money I paid for it. It is my main hunting rifle. josh
Old October 5, 2009, 03:10 PM   #7
abuyalos

Real Wooden Interarms Mark X Stock?

Has anyone switched their Mark X to a synthetic stock and is now willing to part with the original wooden stock. I have been looking for months and would love to find an authentic wooden Mark X stock for my Mark X .300 Win Mag.

Thanks
Old October 5, 2009, 06:34 PM   #8
GeauxTide

I had two Mark X's. One action had the plate release button in front of the trigger and the other inside the trigger. BTW, I put Butler Creek Stocks (88.00) on both and they (6.5-06 and .280) are tack drivers.
Old June 25, 2013, 09:16 PM   #9
jmw27403

im lookin for a good quality synthetic stock for my interarms. anyone know where to get one that is good quality without having to wait for a warehouse to restock (ramline) or getting your bank account drained???
Old June 26, 2013, 07:31 AM   #10
jmr40

You can get a cheap stock, or you can get a good stock. They don't make good cheap stocks. If B&C makes their Medalist for the MK-X it is a decent stock for around $250. They are a bit heavy, but otherwise not too bad. The Ramlines and B&C Carbelites are not worth fooling with. If you don't mind a heavier stock look here http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/produc...12539&cat=1223 for a laminated stock. This is the best you'll do for the money. They are heavier than I'd want, but a good stock for $92.

All of the cheaper aftermarket stocks are going to be heavier than the factory wood. If you are wanting a synthetic to reduce weight there is no way around spending close to $600.

The MK-X's were never extremely common, and are even less so today. Not many folks are going to keep a large selection of stocks for them in inventory. A 2-4 month wait for one to be built should expected, although you might get lucky.

The Interarms rifles are good solid rifles BTW. Not the most refined, usually not the most accurate, but more than enough for a hunting rifle. I'd have no reseervations about using one.