The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old June 15, 2013, 08:11 AM   #1
drcook

Ithaca 37 Fans Take Note

Ithaca 37 fans, especially the ones that live close by here in Ohio, there is a gathering on the 26th and 27th of June with factory tours on the 26h. Read about it here on Ithaca Gun's website

http://www.ithacagun.com/
Old June 15, 2013, 12:00 PM   #2
Sheikyourbootie

If I lived anywhere in the neighborhood...I would be there. Great company with excellent service. I can hardly wait for their over/under to hit the market.
Old June 15, 2013, 01:58 PM   #3
4V50 Gary
Staff

Thanks for posting!

I'd love to go (but school is in session and the drive is a mite bit far).
Old June 16, 2013, 05:51 AM   #4
CaptainChaos

"If I lived anywhere in the neighborhood...I would be there."

As would I.

"Great company with excellent service."

Agreed.

"I can hardly wait for their over/under to hit the market."

I'd be happy if we had an Ithaca dealership in the UK. (I've never *seen* a *new* Ithaca. ('Cept on t'Internet in photos, o'course.)

Regards,

Mark.
Old June 16, 2013, 07:18 AM   #5
drcook

Quote:
I'd be happy if we had an Ithaca dealership in the UK. (I've never *seen* a *new* Ithaca. ('Cept on t'Internet in photos, o'course.)
why don't you email them, do some explaining and suggesting, you never know ....
Old June 16, 2013, 11:51 AM   #6
CaptainChaos

I have to say Ithaca were very accommodating when I needed spare parts. However, it took an *awful* lot of pesterin' before they gave in and agreed to ship them to me.

Regards,

Mark.

P.S. I get the feeling that I've asked this before, but where's the "reply with quote" button on this forum?
Old June 16, 2013, 11:58 AM   #7
drcook

I just bought some parts last week. The were mailed that afternoon, or the next morning as I had them in hand within a couple days.

Might be a bit different if a person is outside the country, with the different regulations and hoops that a company that sells firearm parts has to jump through to satisfy Uncle Sammy that proprietary technology isn't leaving the country.
Old June 16, 2013, 01:12 PM   #8
CaptainChaos

It's *very* different for customers outside the USA. But, although it took a fair bit of badgering, I was *very* pleased with the result: two fixed firing pins and a gun that doesn't FTEx any more.

All I've got to fix now is the wanderin' rear sight, dropping of live rounds and cracked stock...

Regards,

Mark.
Old June 16, 2013, 08:53 PM   #9
drcook

Tell me about your gun, when it was made, and the complete symptoms. I have just gone through building up a 16ga from scratch. I bought an empty receiver from Numrich, the bolt, carrier,slide and side rails from California, a magazine tube from Ithaca, a barrel from Iowa, rescued, recheckered and refinished a stock. Other parts from here, the rest of them from there.

Plus restored a couple other 16ga Ithaca 37's.

I have learned a bit along the way. Maybe I can offer some suggestions.

The one I built is on the bottom, the middle one I am restoring. The barrel is done and reblued, the stock is in process.

The top is my wife's youth/lady size model 1100 20ga.

Yep, they all have the same length of pull. 2 16ga Ithaca 37's and a 1100 20ga. She is my hunting, shooting partner.

In fact, join over here. There is a lot of Ithaca knowledge, a lot, including Walt Snyder who wrote the definitive books on Ithacas

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/view...3ca26ff018f749