The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 28, 2013, 05:34 AM   #76
Dan Newberry

Thanks for the post, Jerry.

I actually probably shouldn't have even posted here, as Art is probably gonna gig me for that. I'm sure he and Unclenick and the other mods don't like this sort of drama.

If I had had any notion that I would be accused of, among other things, being lazy, petty, and a free loader for simply sharing what my latest experience with Midway was, I'd have never written the first word.

I'll leave this whole matter where it sits. If Midway makes things right, I'll post a new thread saying as much. If they don't, then I won't mention anything further.

Dan
Old May 28, 2013, 10:55 AM   #77
SL1

Jerry45,

Well, Midway did package some boxes of EXPENSIVE .22 LR inappropriately, and they spilled inside the big box and actually leaked out of the big box into the delivery truck. I was missing 3 rounds after going through the entire box and the floor of my front entry. Many more were messed-up - - bent or with grit in the wax lubricant. All of this is because they were packed in the same big delivery box with something heavy and another thing that was long. The "stuffing" in the big box was insufficient to keep the heavy item from moving around in the extra room required by the long item, so it bashed the boxes of .22 LR ammo and broke them open.

To Midway's credit, when I called and reported what had happened, they volunteered to send me free replacement boxes for ALL of the .22 LR ammo in the order, with no shipping costs. That was something, because I had ordered one box each of many of their most expensive .22 LR target ammo to see what a new Clark Custom target rifle liked best. But, only two boxes were actually damaged, so that is all I asked them to send me. They did so promptly.

So, MY experience with Midway is that, while they DO make mistakes, they do the right thing by the customer when it is pointed out to them.

SL1
Old May 28, 2013, 12:22 PM   #78
Jerry45

SL1, My point is that Midway should "always" replace damaged or lost merchandise. If packed correctly and UPS damages the item(s) Midway and not the customer should do battle with UPS. Midway carries a much bigger stick than an individual.

When we go to a gun store do we buy the open spilled packs of ammo or the one(s) that is still sealed? Why should buying over the internet be any different?

Midway receives much more praise for their customer service than decent. Personally I've never had a problem with Midway, all my problems lie with UPS and delivery. Doesn't change the fact that Midway should be the one to keep "their" customer happy. 57K's, the OP, problem was caused by UPS. I/he are not UPS's customer we are Midway's customer. When my boots went missing I call the Co. I purchased them from. They immediately shipped another pair. I was told that if the other pair arrived to send them back. If I didn't return them and it was found that I did receive them I would have to pay for them. Rightful so! Point being that company took up the battle with UPS and didn't place that burden on me. And that's the way it should be.

Again my point was/is if Midway doesn't choose to package items to withstand the abuse UPS is going to give them Midway should bear the burden of replacing the items the same as if it fell off the shelf in their store. Seems for the most part they do.

There are those that believe Dan should have used "his" time to count and examine every round to report exactly how many were missing how many were damaged and what the damage was. My reasoning is why should he? When I order bullets I order anywhere from 500 to 2,000 at a time. There is no way I'm counting an examining every one if the packaging is damaged and the contents spill out. It would be pretty hypocritical to tell Dan, hey you only have a couple of hundred you should count and examine. And there is lies the rub... The people that are telling him he should either just don't care about the quality of the merchandise they receive, which I highly doubt, have way too much time to spare or they're hypocrites. I don't know if you followed Dan's thread but.

One gentleman, ended up attacking my spelling in a effort to prove that his anti customer "opinion" was correct. Speaks volumes doesn't it.

What Dan did also speaks volumes. He could have just said there is whole box missing and 35, or 63, or 79 from the other box had bent tips. He didn't? He told the truth and just wishes some compensation. That's what he should receive. I believe Midway will come through for him.

Last edited by Jerry45; May 28, 2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old May 28, 2013, 04:02 PM   #79
Dan Newberry

I have a new box of the 190 Sierras on the way!

And my email which was sent was actually sent signed Larry Potterfield... it is as follows:

"Dear Daniel,

Thank you for your email regarding your order. I'm terribly sorry that you received your order with so many of the bullets missing. I am having another box sent out to you. Once this ships, you will receive an email confirmation.

If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-243-3220. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT. You may also email us at customerservice@midwayusa.com.

Thanks for Your Business!

Jennifer

Then this one was from Larry Potterfield:

We received your order (#19961056) placed today, 05/28/2013. And since I've always been a stickler for fast shipping, we're working hard to get it out quickly.

Details of your order are outlined below. We'll send tracking information as soon as your order ships.

Thanks for Your Business!

Larry Potterfield,

Founder and CEO of MidwayUSA

So... I'm really happy that Midway did me right on this. I only asked them for one box of bullets, as I'm sure I can make do with what is left of those that I did get.

That's the update... I'm going to post this in its own thread so folks will see that Midway does care about their customers.

Dan
Old May 28, 2013, 05:11 PM   #80
Marco Califo

The Larry Potterfield letter is a form letter they send every time an order is placed.

I suggest it is time to end/lock this thread.
Old May 28, 2013, 08:08 PM   #81
campbed

Or just stop reading the thread and leave the rest of us alone. Everyone is being respectful.
Old May 28, 2013, 08:43 PM   #82
GeauxTide

I love Midway

I've been ordering from Midway for more than 12 years. I've always used their default shipper, UPS. It's always been less expensive. I've always checked the box when I did want a copy of the invoice in the box. I've sent my son in LA birthday and Christmas gifts for the past 6 years. They have all been delivered when they stated on the order.

I'm glad you won't do any more business with them, either. More for me to choose.
Old May 28, 2013, 09:06 PM   #83
Jerry45

UPS must read this firum. Today for the very first time the UPS drver rang my doorbell when he dropped off a package.

Dan, good for you.
Old June 5, 2013, 02:34 PM   #84
rodfac

Never had a problem with either UPS or Midway, both are first rate, customer oriented companies...the USPS is another matter. Our local post office here has at least one self-centered, arrogant, ignorant of the rules employee...but I digress. If you checked off the right box on delivery methods, avoiding use of the USPS should be a breeze. Rod