The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old May 22, 2013, 03:16 PM   #26
osbornk

An age thing?

I think a lot of it is due to age and the memories from our youth. I always wanted a revolver that looked like the capbuster I had as a kid that looked like the revolvers I saw in the movies. I also wanted a rifle that looked like the BB gun I had that looked like the rifles I saw in the movies. Since I wanted both, I used the money that a Single Six would have cost and bought both a Heritage Rough Rider and a Henry lever rifle (both in 22lr). The Rough Rider is accurate, reliable and looks like a Single Six. The Henry is the most accurate and balanced rifle I have ever had.

There is just something about shooting a SA "cowboy" revolver and a lever action rifle that makes some of us old codgers feel young again.
Old May 22, 2013, 03:58 PM   #27
rclark

Quote:
There is just something about shooting a SA "cowboy" revolver and a lever action rifle that makes some of us old codgers feel young again.
+100. And I am not quite to half a century yet! I got the o' Henry about a year (or two?) ago now.... Wish I had one as a kid.... along with the Single Six.... but I got 'em now!
A clinger. When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. Single Action .45 Colt (Sometimes improperly referred to by its alias as the .45 'Long' Colt or .45LC). Don't leave home without it. Ok.... the .44Spec is growing on me ... but the .45 Colt is still king.
Old May 22, 2013, 07:06 PM   #28
savit260

the few semi auto's I have RARELY leave the safe. Every trip to the range has a double or single action revolver with me. My ccw is almost always a six shot revolver
Old May 25, 2013, 12:24 AM   #29
delsol

I was in High School when my 1968 3 screw was made, but I'm lucky that I did find a single six with very few mile's on her.