The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old April 15, 2013, 02:33 PM   #1
Thud

MN scope base 'pins'

I've noticed the MN base (repro) I have has two pins protruding from the bottom side. I guess they're for positioning the base? So You'd have to drill a little the receiver to acommodate these pins?
Old April 15, 2013, 03:44 PM   #2
.50cal packer

I've noticed the MN base (repro) I have has two pins protruding from the bottom side. I guess they're for positioning the base? So You'd have to drill a little the receiver to accommodate these pins?

If this is a reproduction base as stated, I wouldn't have the first clue as what it entails. However, if you don't have the divets needed for the base, make sure you bought the correct A.M. part for your model. If it is the right base, did it come with any instructions by chance? Not being a smart A##, but some of the A.M. parts for my mosin came with very specific instructions as to what to do and how to follow and how many people it took to do it right. IF, it didn't, then proceed cautiously and safely. You can ruin it, but it is a mosin, so a dime a dozen.
IT SEEMS TO ME, LIKE ALL THESE NEW GUYS THINK...
Old April 16, 2013, 08:49 AM   #3
Thud

It's an Accumounts round base for the MN... No instructions I can remember. Thanks!
Old April 16, 2013, 09:58 AM   #4
Pahoo

Only familiar with Sako's

Have to admit that I do not know what an MN-Repro Base is but, I do have a set of Sako's that came of a Sako .243 rifle and the recess holes are present. I've been told that if one wants to use these, you can always file off the pins. These are great looking rings and choose not to do so. .....

Be Safe !!!
Old April 16, 2013, 03:36 PM   #5
Thud

Yes, I guess I'll have to file the pins and blue that area. Thanks.-