The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old April 11, 2013, 03:09 PM   #26
Glenn E. Meyer
Staff

If you want a useless pro-gun guy - look at Joe Scarborough.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0....html?hp=r4_b2

Total waste of whatever term you want.

Supposedly a 'real' conservative. Biden loves him and Joe smooches back.

Glenn
http://www.teddytactical.com/archive...11_Feature.htm
Being an Active Shooter
Old April 11, 2013, 03:15 PM   #27
DaleA

I think they (some of the media) are stacking the deck against the pro-gun folk by claiming to have pro-gun folk on their shows who are not very pro-gun at all.

At that I like it better than when they have some ranting, foaming at the mouth person representing us.

What I'd really like though is someone pointing out that a lot of this stuff is feel good legislation that really won't make things safer.

Here's an example of what I'd like to see more often.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECxDvwObwZk

The above was posted by Magnum Mike in this thread:
http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=512936
Old April 11, 2013, 03:17 PM   #28
BarryLee

Quote:
it sounds like you maybe operating under a bit of a misconception here
Bingo. This is exactly the problem when it comes to background checks and gun control in general most people simply do not understand the current process and the amount of regulation that already exists. I mean really who could oppose efforts to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill? The problem is that we already have plenty of regulation, but in many cases it is not being enforced.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old April 14, 2013, 08:54 PM   #29
Bartholomew Roberts

Dan Baum is at least intellectually honest and informed on the subject; which is more than Joe Nocera and his ilk can say. Having said that, anybody who says they are a "gun guy", wants more responsibility and safety and at the same time hates the NRA should be "package checked" by Mike Tyson.
Old April 14, 2013, 09:07 PM   #30
BumbleBug

Anyone that says they are pro-gun but bashes the NRA is anti-gun in my book.

The NRA is the only substantial voice of sanity in all this especially in the light that Americans have already given up too much compromise on interpreting & obeying laws contrary to the 2nd Amendment. We have too many restrictions now. When the new laws don't work, what next? It's easy to connect the dots...

Old April 15, 2013, 01:40 AM   #31
Beagle45ACP

To be fair, Baum was pretty well, um, worthless in defending the RKBA. However, at least he wasn't one of the "crazies" that gets on a rant so intense that it makes us all look like psychopaths. Take Ted Nugent for example, I'm glad that we have a high-profile celebrity (well, maybe not so high-profile nowadays) talking on our behalf when most others have taken the "moral high road" on the subject, but some of the things that that man says in his pro-gun interviews make me want to slap myself in the face. I believe that the aforementioned YouTube clip is by far the most impressive pro-gun interviewee I've ever seen, and we need to get him on more nationally syndicated shows to voice our opinions, beliefs, and to intelligently stand up to the media.

Wastin' away my future children's inheritance one box of ammo, range fee, and bottle of Hoppe's #9 at a time.