The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old April 7, 2013, 08:55 AM   #26
North East Redneck

Not really looking for any new guns right now. Happy with those I have. The gun fund is low and that's fine for now. If I come across a Single Six, a 22-250 or just about any blackpowder gun at the right price I may consider buying. But I'm not looking actively.
Trying to find ammo is hard enough.
Old April 7, 2013, 04:45 PM   #27
KyJim

I am also in a hold pattern for now. But, never say never.
Jim's Rules of Carry: 1. Any gun is better than no gun. 2. A gun that is reliable is better than a gun that is not. 3. A hole in the right place is better than a hole in the wrong place. 4. A bigger hole is a better hole.
Old April 7, 2013, 06:31 PM   #28
arch308

I have no needs at this point and am fairly satisfied with my small collection.

I must admit I've been fighting the urge for an ACOG for my AR. As badly as I want one I'm having a hard time rationalizing the $1400 price. I'm supposed to be preparing for retirement!

Time will tell.

Edit to add: I'm so full of it. Just made arrangements to buy a used G30SF tommorrow. Too good a deal to pass up.

Last edited by arch308; April 8, 2013 at 06:46 PM.
Old April 7, 2013, 06:47 PM   #29
Jeremiah/Az

I have all the guns & ammo that I need, but I'm not shooting because of not being able to replace ammo.
Old April 8, 2013, 09:36 AM   #30
Robk

For me, there always seems to be the next one. Been buying 1 or 2 guns for the past few years. Now I have already bought another one, but with the intention of letting my wife use it for home defense. That said, we (my wife and I) may be headed for a change of life style and venue in the next 10 years. Where we may go, my guns most likely can't go with me. So, the sobering fact at the moment to me is, downsizing. Alot. Just want 3 to 4 guns of high quality to be able to enjoy. Guess we will see what time brings.
Old April 8, 2013, 02:12 PM   #31
gaseousclay

I guess i'm not an avid shooter like the rest of you. truth be told, i've been a little turned off by the hoarding of ammo and gun prices going through the roof, therefore, gun/ammo purchases aren't even on the horizon for me at this point.
Old April 8, 2013, 02:26 PM   #32
NWPilgrim

Guns - my appetite is on "full"....

Gaseous, its like many other activities. Some people are into shooting and guns for utilitarian purposes and nothing more, and others pursue it for its own enjoyment as a hobby or sport.

My dad loved to hunt game and fowl and he was an expert marksman, but only had a handful of guns and rarely shot more than a dozen rounds of everything all year long. One .308 rd = one deer. A couple of 12 ga shells = one pheasant.

I on the other hand have a variety of handguns, rifles and shotguns and enjoy the history, culture, sport and hobby of guns, shooting and reloading as well as the utility of guns for hunting and self defense. But if it wasn't for my Dad's respect for guns as tools I may never have developed my interest in them either.
Old April 8, 2013, 06:17 PM   #33
texgunner

I'm actually purging my gun collection. Getting rid of my safe queens.
Old April 8, 2013, 06:35 PM   #34
stephen426

I am pretty much set myself. There are a few guns I wouldn't mind having, but nothing that is sorely missing from my collection. If I had money that was burning a hole in my pocket, I would consider adding a Desert Eagle in .44 mag or maybe a .44 mag revolver. I wouldn't mind having a 10mm 1911 either or a FN 5.7, but ammo is expensive and scarce. I am trying to buy up as much ammo as I can whenever the price is reasonable. A gun without ammo is a club.
Old April 8, 2013, 08:11 PM   #35
Mausermolt

my appetite is never satisfied! i have many guns i want still on my list. right now i dont mind safe queens, but all of my guns are safe queens for at least another 6 months still have a M1A, M1 Carbine, Springfield Loaded 1911, Sig 226, lots of C and R guns ect ect ect on the list.

WC145 and i are totally in the same boat.

Hello my name is Mausermolt, and i am a gunaholic
Old April 8, 2013, 08:40 PM   #36
Romeo 33 Delta

I'm one of the most fortunate guys in the world ... after 50+ years of collecting firearms, I have everything that I ever wanted.

Last year I filled the last hole in my 19th Century US Trials rifles with a sweet M-1895 Lee Vertical Action. THAT had been my "Holy Grail"! Guess I'm done and I'll just be content to handle them, shoot them and clean them ... not that's settling for "second-place"!
Old April 11, 2013, 04:43 AM   #37
rc

amen. I'm selling at the prices people are paying these days and happy to disinvest at top dollar for things I don't really need or use that much.