The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 10, 2013, 07:16 PM   #126
rprouty

I contacted Buffalo Bore and they suggested I purchase 147gr standard pressure for my Beretta Nano and Sig P290RS. That's what I bought on their suggestion.

Our other shooting hobby:
www.pbase.com/rprouty/land
Old April 10, 2013, 07:29 PM   #127
RBid

iMag,

12"-14" of penetration and reliable expansion are good indicators. In the case of the Gold Dot, it may be the most issued service round in the US. ATK (parent company of Speer & Federal) provides rounds to DHS agencies, NYPD, and a LOT of other departments. Gold Dots and Federal HSTs have performed very well in the real world. Winchester Ranger T and PDX1 rounds are also in heavy use, and very successful. Any of those is likely to perform the same way, test after test, event after event.
Old April 10, 2013, 07:39 PM   #128
iMagUdspEllr

@RBid: Thanks for the info!
Old April 10, 2013, 08:21 PM   #129

The SPEER 124 gr. +P Gold Dot DOES pass the FBI's Tests. The list of approved loads is here:http://www.ar15.com/ammo/project/Sel..._FAQ/index.htm

Quote:
Quality my friend, no quantity.

Besides, two words: Constitutional Carry
Okay, I give! Y'all have us beat on Constitutional Carry, but we do have a bill in congress for open carry.

I'll have to admit, I've been to Arizona many times but I don't think I ever tried Mexican food there. The stuff we get here is pretty darn good!
Old April 11, 2013, 12:33 AM   #130
Gaerek

RBid beat me to it. As far as the Gold Dots are concerned, it's one of, if not the most issued round. If it's good enough for LE, it's good enough for me. It's also on most gun expert's ammo recommendation list. I talk a lot about this guy, but Massad Ayoob recommends Gold Dots in his books.
Old April 11, 2013, 12:40 AM   #131
Gaerek

Quote:
The SPEER 124 gr. +P Gold Dot DOES pass the FBI's Tests. The list of approved loads is here:http://www.ar15.com/ammo/project/Sel..._FAQ/index.htm
I realize I never checked for myself whether they passed or not. Good to know, but their proven track record was enough for me.

Quote:
Okay, I give! Y'all have us beat on Constitutional Carry, but we do have a bill in congress for open carry.
Don't give up the fight!

Quote:
I'll have to admit, I've been to Arizona many times but I don't think I ever tried Mexican food there. The stuff we get here is pretty darn good!
I'll be honest, I've only been to Texas twice, and never had any Mexican. Did grub on BBQ. I'm a Carolina BBQ kind of guy, personally, but the stuff I had near Austin was pretty good. My brother and sister in law live in El Paso, and it's only 4 hours away, so I imagine I'll be visiting there more often anyway.