The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 27, 2013, 06:29 PM   #26
Constantine

Quote:
Nice little collectors piece if it's mint and in the box... but for self defense, you'll want to consider something else.
Newberry, you're my boy blue!

I think in the OP's case, he should get the Glock on the waistband.
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium. Ímperet ílli Déus, súpplices deprecámur: tuque, prínceps milítiæ cæléstis, Sátanam aliósque spíritus malígnos, qui ad perditiónem animárum pervagántur in múndo, divína virtúte, in inférnum detrúde. Ámen
Old March 28, 2013, 09:01 PM   #27
Stevie-Ray

Quote:
1911's typically do not function well with shortened slides. I've owned two Colt Commanders over the years... a short Springfield V10 (I think it was)... and even a Kimber Pro Carry II. ALL of them proved unreliable.
Well, 2 things. One, he said the one he is interested in has been reliable for him. And two, my Kimber UCDP has NEVER failed, while my Glock 29 HAS. Advantage, 1911. So my anecdotal evidence cancels yours out.

I'm a Colt guy through and through, Kimber simply offered me a much nicer package at a time when the Officer's was about the only small Colt offering. Today though, I'd be back giving Colt a look.