The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 14, 2013, 07:41 PM   #26
TunnelRat

Interesting point. Are you a resident of MA? If you are, I doubt S&W could send it back to you with a trigger lighter than 10 lbs as that is what is mandated to sell in that state.
Old March 15, 2013, 08:31 AM   #27
expendable

Magazine issue

GDHP,

To your magazine issue, I had a M&P 45 compact that had a mag doing the same thing as yours.
I thought it was just gunked up inside so took it apart to clean it and found that the spring was kinked, called S&W and they sent out a new spring and follower.

Kurt
Old March 16, 2013, 10:41 AM   #28
gdhp

I am not a MA resident, but thanks for the info. Sounds like that is the problem. How does S&W control where the guns go??? I have not had good experience so far with them, and this is crappy service. Seems like they should have figured that out when sending it back to me. Anyone own a factory m&p 45 full size with a 6.5 lb trigger (actually measured)???

Last edited by gdhp; March 16, 2013 at 10:43 AM. Reason: words
Old March 17, 2013, 10:35 AM   #29
STW

I too hated the trigger on my M&P45 when I first got it. I thought I'd made a terrible mistake. Pulling the trigger was too much like work. I put an Apex kit in and haven't looked back. Of course, as yet, we don't have goofy laws here that keep me from making a good gun better.
Old March 17, 2013, 03:43 PM   #30
James K
Staff

The cause of loose rounds in a magazine usually is a sticking follower. That can be the result of a dented magazine, an bad follower, or bad/wrong ammunition. FWIW, my Ruger LCP had the same problem; I had to remove the follower and clean the plastic "burrs" off it. Now the little gun is totally reliable.

Jim
Old March 17, 2013, 04:15 PM   #31
chris in va

I looked at getting an M&P 45. Honestly I wouldn't even fire a mag through it without using the Apex kit, after talking with a few owners.