The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old March 13, 2013, 03:12 PM   #1
L2R

I just found out how many bullets I need

According to the news this morning, the LAPD shot 102 rounds into a vehicle when trying to find one of their own last month.

I have subscribed to 30 round mags being ok but now it looks like the 100 round drum would have come up a bit short were I able to keep up with them.

Not sure this is the most I would need. I would need to do some more historical research and see if there has ever been a higher number shot at innocent civilians.

How about we start telling our reps that a 103 round magazine is a starting point. and explain how we determined that number.

Evil cannot be reduced thru Legislation!
Old March 13, 2013, 04:27 PM   #2
hunttheevil

102 rounds will never be enough. A few years ago a swat team was chasing a cop killer down around Tampa FL. They found the cop killer under a log in the woods and it took 168 rounds to get him out. I'm leading towards a belt fed weapon myself!
Old March 13, 2013, 04:33 PM   #3
thedudeabides

You have to keep in mind that cash strapped police departments probably can't afford for 100 rounds of target ammo for a SINGLE officer in a year's time.

I've shot at a small town police range, half of those guys couldn't hit crap at 10 yards. Keep that in mind the next time you think the cops will protect you when you call 911.
Old March 13, 2013, 07:27 PM   #4
Romeo 33 Delta

I've said this before: "One more magazine than it takes to get the job done!"

That's not really "enough" ... it's the "acceptable minimum".
Old March 13, 2013, 07:30 PM   #5
Justice06RR

I think 60rds is a minimum for a semi-auto rifle, which is why I purchased a Surefire60.

Too bad full-auto is very tedious to acquire...