The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old March 10, 2013, 06:26 PM   #126
TheNatureBoy

45_Auto:

"I bet you assumed incorectly".

Maybe I did, maybe I didn't.... I think I stated in my post that I didn't bother trying to find out.

"Do you also assume that all those cops open carrying are doing it with unloaded guns, or that they unload their guns when they're sitting down?"

No I don't. The shoulder rig that his semi was holstered in was such that the muzzle was pointed directly at her. The uniformed/plain clothes police officers that I've seen eating in local dining establishments in this area have them holstered in such a way that they are pointed to the floor for safety reasons as I was told by a ex-LEO friend of mine.

Hey, the gentleman was there with his family and exercised his 2nd ammendment right to keep and bear arms and I exercised my right as a parent concerned for his daughter by leaving
Old March 10, 2013, 06:57 PM   #127
kahrguy

If a person wants to carry an unloaded rock thats fine , better figure out how to chamber a round one handed as if a BG is right on you when poop hits the fan. Not 39feet away. But that person could be helping the BG take his firearm. I have carried ether a revolver or striker fired pistol chambered for 26 years.
Old March 10, 2013, 08:01 PM   #128
nutty ned

yes..
Old March 10, 2013, 08:21 PM   #129
Vanya
Staff

I think this has run its course. Once we get to "Is not!" "Is too!"... we're done.
Closed Thread