The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 2, 2013, 10:51 AM   #26
maxwellstuart1

Thanks for all the replies!

Thanks for all the posts, I noticed a couple people suggested the Walther PPQ (a beautiful gun in my mind) but what do you guys think of the Walther PPX as a ccw?
Old March 2, 2013, 11:42 AM   #27
Hitthespot

I had the same requirements as you when I first started carrying IWB. I would not carry without a manual safety. I settled on the Ruger SR9c. I carried it everyday for over a year and was (am) very pleased with it. I've now put well over 1000 rounds through mine and it works perfect everytime you pull the trigger. They are very popular guns and there is many after market options available. Sights, lasers, holsters.

It took me around two years of carry before I could become comfortable with the thought of carrying a pistol without a manual safety. I now am carrying a Kahr CM9 with no manual safety and couldn't be happier. I think it's just a cycle or phase you must progress through. Anyway I still own my Ruger SR9c and wouldn't think of parting with it.
Old March 3, 2013, 01:42 AM   #28

M&p 9c. About the same size as the Ruger sr-9c but with 2 extra rounds.
Old March 4, 2013, 06:47 AM   #29
WVleo

Best CCW Gun

I believe this is a ? only the person posting can answer for oneself, meaning what works for You, what You will carry daily and what You will practice with often ! For Me the choice to answer both questions was the Kahr PM9 . Hardly noticeable as My constant companion in the IWB Comp-Tac holster. Cheap 9MM ( not as cheap as a few years past but still cheaper than other defensive rounds today !!! ) practice ammo makes practice shooting affordable. Plus reliability has been 100% a MUST for a defensive weapon ! Packed with 124gr. Speer Gold Dots I feel secure in My choice of defensive weaponry. Others may not with My choice, only they can choose they own weapon to defend them and theres, but whichever choice You make, safe practice is a must !..........WVleo
Old March 4, 2013, 02:15 PM   #30
whippoorwill

The PM9 is a fine pistol. But, the OP wants an external safety. I would sugest the Sig Sauer 938 as a possibility.
Old March 4, 2013, 04:06 PM   #31

Another vote for the S&W Shield. While it is small enough to easily carry, it's still large enough to enjoy at the range. SA should be releasing the XDs in 9mm soon, as well. It will be the main competitor for the Shield. I have experience with the Walther PPS as well but my shooting partner sold it in favor of the Shield which has proven to be the better pistol.
Old March 4, 2013, 04:32 PM   #32
dbaum

ruger lc9
Old March 4, 2013, 10:18 PM   #33
DarrinD2

Shield