The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old February 28, 2013, 10:44 PM   #26
johnwilliamson062

Quote:
That armor they are using looks to be good for maybe up too 7.62mm or so, but something like a .50cal would cut right through it.
At $5 a round, I doubt they are using all that much 50 cal. You have to remember the US military spends more money than all others combined. Even our most industrialized allies shy away from guns that have a cyclic rate of $2500 a minute.

Quote:
If these guys are truely fighting for their freedom I don't understand why we aren't helping them more. Are they the "other guys" freedom fighters? Or is America too tired to be America right now?
As a "Rebel" diplomat said today, if a certain super power would spend less time measuring the fighters beards they might be able to get the support they need. As happened with Castro, cutting them off only pushes them towards the people who wil provide funds. Al Quaida is supposedly funneling lots of money, guns, and combat veterans into the area.

Quote:
"Secret Police" that sentences non-US citizens to the death penalty pre-preemptively and without trial.
You guys are way out of touch. We already have such a secret police. They don't even worry about whether you are a US citizen or not. They haven' got the "clean" "nothing but suspicions" part down yet, but they are very good at the alternative "What drone, we don't have any drones" bit.

Quote:
cia create alqeada because it was messing up the soviet system, look at how well that worked out for us.
I wouldn't agree they created them, provided training and material support that greatly increased their influence, yes.

I read today we are going to provide them medical and lots of MREs. As anyone with any knowledge of supplying an army knows, this is the big money for an army. We won't give them the weapons, but we will free up some cash so they can buy from the Russians or S. Koreans. There should be enough of an armor difference the CIA can allow them to fall into some anti-tank weapons that aren't extremely effective against Abrams.

The sniping is ugly. Some of those snipers could benefit from an Appleseed.

Last edited by johnwilliamson062; February 28, 2013 at 11:17 PM.
Old February 28, 2013, 11:49 PM   #27
Tom Matiska

my fav is pic #5..... . smoking in a mortar factory.....