The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old February 25, 2013, 01:25 AM   #26
Double Naught Spy

Gotta agree with the above sentiment that the major players that supply the majority of police and military gear are not amongst the lists of boycotters. Most are at best ancillary suppliers, not contractual suppliers, and the ones with contracts aren't going to risk loss of the contracts or countersuits for breech of contracts.
Old February 25, 2013, 04:36 AM   #27
NWPilgrim

List of Companies Refusing to Sell to Anti-Gun States

Beretta looks to be joining the club soon. Owner is fed up with continuing Maryland troubles. Moved their warehouse to VA last time gun laws reared up there. Now they are thinking of moving and plant managers says Berettas do not bluff.
Old February 25, 2013, 05:07 AM   #28
LockedBreech

List of Companies Refusing to Sell to Anti-Gun States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickling View Post
What's that again? I didn't realize we were still living in the '90s.. The Ruger of 2013 is stepping up to defend us: http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/

Buy with confidence.
This deserves repeating. Bill Ruger might have stabbed us in the back, but modern Ruger is at the vanguard of this fight, and in our column.
Old February 25, 2013, 05:11 AM   #29
wet

In support of same, I personaly have quit spending money I don't absoultly have to in states that support gun control. My few dollars and those of the folks that agree with me might make a difference.
Old February 25, 2013, 05:23 AM   #30
dos0711

Modern Ruger supplied me with several BX-25s
Old February 25, 2013, 07:46 AM   #31
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
Beretta looks to be joining the club soon. Owner is fed up with continuing Maryland troubles. Moved their warehouse to VA last time gun laws reared up there. Now they are thinking of moving and plant managers says Berettas do not bluff.
Beretta has threatened to leave, but they are not refusing to sell to anyone or threatening to refuse to sell to anyone. There is a big difference.

Plus the proposed changes in Maryland's law have a very real liability impact potential. As a gun manufacturer, Beretta would become liable for shipping and selling firearms which opens them up, under law, to additional liabilities. So there would be a very real financial reason to move...so they would not just be moving out of protest, but because it is the fiscally smart thing to do.

Never mind how much of what they make would be illegal in the state it is manufactured.