The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 17, 2013, 09:02 PM   #26
Hairbag

I have a RIA and have owned a few colts and springfields I have to say the RIA has been flawless since day one. Just a really good choice for a entry level 1911.
Old February 19, 2013, 05:27 PM   #27
Keepin_Jeepin

I gotta say I ended up buying a Remington 1911 R1 Enhanced sight unseen and I am unhappy with it. Its gorgous, but the trigger is loose both side to side and up and down. My slide also has some side to side play. Not enough to really see but enough you can wiggle it and holding the trigger you can hear the slide clank.

I seems to shoot great but I am fairly unhappy with it. I should have gone with the RIA. I spent nearly double, too. Unfortunate. Oh well win some and loose some I suppose.

RIA is next on my list. The few I have handled seemed about perfect and looked great. Wish I could find a nice blue or stainless instead of packerized but oh well. I may very well try to sell this Remington. Have not decided yet.
Old February 20, 2013, 11:57 AM   #28
Mr Budha

How about these Girsan 1911's Buds is selling. Anyone know anything about them?

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ndard+Shipping
Old February 22, 2013, 01:58 AM   #29
mharveyww1

Mine works as well as top-of-line models

No, it isn't as 'business-like" as my full sized Colt (that Uncle Sam forgot to retrieve when I left his service), not as attractive as my Springfield "Loaded" or as sexy as my Sig 1911 Carry Nightmare, nor as 'cool' as my Kimber Ultra-Covert II...but that doggone ugly little "Commander" sized RIA has been 100% reliable through hundreds of rounds and is a nice, accurate shooter to boot!

PS - I listed all those "high-zoot" models not to brag but to show what kind of company the RIA keeps up with. YMMV, but my RIA is the best pistol deal (cost vs. performance) I've ever made.

PS...PS - I almost forgot to mention perhaps the ultimate accolade:
MY WIFE CHOSE IT AS HER 'PERSONAL WEAPON' OUT OF ALL THE ABOVE MENTIONED CONTENDERS IN .45ACP!