The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 21, 2013, 08:45 AM   #26
west5757

5R milspec, My story is very similar to yours. I touched one every time I went to a gun show or the gun shop but I just didn't want to pay that much for it. I had finally fought the urge and just started looking instead of picking it up. Then one day, out of the blue, it hit me again. I went to gun store to get it and it was gone. I decided that was a sign that I didn't need it. . . . so I called once a week to see if they had one yet. They finally took my number and told me they would call me when they got one. One afternoon after work I went by just to look around and before I left I asked if they had one by chance. To my surprise they had bought one in a large gun purchase the day before. They bought somewhere around 30 guns from a guy and one of them was a 9mm EMP. I got it for $990 out the door. I think I am more proud of that gun purchase than any other.