The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 13, 2013, 06:17 PM   #1
1hogfan83

Tactical sights for a P2000

I was trying to find some sights for my gun, a P2000SK but a P2000's parts will work ok too for most external issues. I would like some adjustable sights. If anyone knows of some sights that adjust vertically and laterally any help would be helpfull. Thank you.
You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe—and shudder. James 2:19
"I do not fear the man that practices ten thousand kicks one time, I fear the man that practices one kick ten thousand times." Bruce Lee
Old February 13, 2013, 06:21 PM   #2
TunnelRat

Adjustable? Hmm, idk my friend. Not that I know of but they might be out there. Is there a reason you need them adjustable or is that just what you like?
Old February 13, 2013, 06:43 PM   #3
TunnelRat

http://www.manventureoutpost.com/pro...t-ML21519.html

I stand corrected. They seem to be sold out most places though.
Old February 13, 2013, 07:50 PM   #4
Venom1956

I would change 'tactical' to adjustable. Usually i associate the word tactical to fixed higher sights for suppressor use or specially made to assist in one handed manipulation.
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph.
Old February 13, 2013, 08:38 PM   #5
1hogfan83

Venom is actually right. I had seen a USP compact tactical with some sweet sights. Even if you have the USP, you can still get the sights. I just thought it might be cheaper to acquire the sights than the gun. I have read several reviews with the before/after results and they do make a difference, or so they say. I knew most HK sight suppliers would be out, they usually are. Milling would be an option but that's alot of bank to find out I hate it. Maybe another reason to buy a (an expensive) gun. Probably not worth it, the 9mm tactical don't have the trigger work done. Maybe a used one will fall into my lap. Project!!!!!
You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe—and shudder. James 2:19
"I do not fear the man that practices ten thousand kicks one time, I fear the man that practices one kick ten thousand times." Bruce Lee
Old February 13, 2013, 08:56 PM   #6
TunnelRat

Quote:
I have read several reviews with the before/after results and they do make a difference, or so they say.
Difference in terms of what? In terms of accuracy? I have standard Meprolight night sights on one P2k and am holding out for Trijicon HD sights for the other. Accuracy has never been a problem, the guns shoot POA.

Last edited by TunnelRat; February 13, 2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old February 13, 2013, 10:11 PM   #7
1hogfan83

I've seen about 5 diffrent types/colors and they say adjustable, some even say windage/ lateral change. I dont see how they can be adjust from left or right and I dont really care as much for night sights right now. I should have described the the "tactical" sights as more of a target set up. Thanks for all of the help. Has anyone ever seen/heard of a mill job on a HK frame for custom sights?
Old February 13, 2013, 10:23 PM   #8
TunnelRat

Quote:
I should have described the the "tactical" sights as more of a target set up.
I know where you're going, I'm saying the stock 3 dot sights are fine.

Quote:
Has anyone ever seen/heard of a mill job on a HK frame for custom sights?
Why would you mill the frame for sights? You mean the slide? The slide sight grooves are just dovetailed. Idk what milling it would give you.

I'd also say while I love my P2k, idk if I consider it a "target" pistol. For that I'd rather a gun with a nicer SA trigger.
Edit: I just noticed that it's a P2000sk you are referring to. You're trying to make a target gun out of subcompact with a short sight radius?

Last edited by TunnelRat; February 13, 2013 at 10:41 PM.
Old February 14, 2013, 01:42 AM   #9
Venom1956

Quote:
You're trying to make a target gun out of subcompact with a short sight radius?
To each his own? I found an adjustable rear for a Kahr T9?
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph.
Old February 14, 2013, 08:28 AM   #10
1hogfan83

sorry for the frame mistake, slide was intended. I know I said I might have some milling done but excuse my ignorance. I've never changed sites before other than scopes. I know what dove tale means but wouldn't a USP sight fit? I don't know. I'm lost, again.
Old February 14, 2013, 08:50 AM   #11
TunnelRat

Quote:
I know what dove tale means but wouldn't a USP sight fit? I don't know. I'm lost, again.
I think they're different enough that a USP sight wouldn't fit. But again there are options out there. Google is your friend.

If you have really specific questions, which seems like you do, you might want to try the hkpro forums.
Old February 14, 2013, 12:16 PM   #12
1hogfan83

Holy Crap Tunnel Rat!

You found it, thats exactly what I wanted! Now another problem, how to carry it and get it out within 27 minutes! lol all joking aside I now need a threaded barrel and a match trigger. This thing is going to be totally custom to ME!
Old February 14, 2013, 12:38 PM   #13
TunnelRat

Quote:
I now need a threaded barrel and a match trigger
There are no threaded barrels for the P2000 series pistols.

There are no match triggers for the P2000 series pistols. My advice would be to send it to GrayGuns for a custom trigger job.
Old February 14, 2013, 01:06 PM   #14
1hogfan83

well I thought maybe since I have the compact, you could take a full size and thread it. Bowie tactical can do trigger work too.
Old February 14, 2013, 01:19 PM   #15
TunnelRat

Yea that would prob work I suppose. Might want to ask someone at HK first just to be sure the lockup is identical.
Old February 15, 2013, 07:24 PM   #16
1hogfan83

Just a projected and educated brain fart. As I said, maybe a fun project. I've never really had a dedicated range gun per say. What I mean by range or "target" gun is by the sights. All my other guns just have factory sights set up.
Old February 16, 2013, 12:45 PM   #17
Destructo6

Center your sights in the dovetails and shoot. If you are anything other than poi = poa, then you are doin something wrong.

It is not a match gun.

Keep all of them clean.