The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 10, 2013, 08:11 PM   #1
FloridaGuy

Source for FMJ Bullets

Were is the best place to order FMJ bullets? I am currently purchasing them locally but would like to buy in bulk. The calibers I would be interested in is .38 Special/.357 Magnum, .44 Special/.44 Magnum, .45 Colt, .45 ACP and 9MM.

Last edited by FloridaGuy; February 10, 2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old February 10, 2013, 08:20 PM   #2
amathis

Check out Montana Gold. As with most places, they are backordered for a bit, but they have the calibers you are looking for.
Old February 11, 2013, 07:07 PM   #3
dickttx

Montana Gold and Precision Delta both have good bullets at good prices.
Old February 11, 2013, 11:34 PM   #4
valleyforge.1777

Anyone been to Montana Gold's website lately? Their web ordering page has been down for a week or more. I check it every day and it does not seem to be coming back any time soon.
Old February 12, 2013, 02:43 AM   #5
david_r

I'm sure (hoping) it is because they were out to 25 days to ship. I guess I'll know in another week.
Old February 12, 2013, 08:13 AM   #6
Misssissippi Dave

Montana Gold makes a great bullet. Yes, their sight has been down lately. They could be re-designing it. I would guess they are just concentrating all their efforts to make bullets to fill existing orders. My last order from them took about a month for it to arrive. It might take until March before they start taking orders again.

These times are a little crazy for the companies making components and they know it isn't going to last forever. I'm sure they don't want to have to hire and train a bunch of people just to have to lay them off again this summer. Most of these companies also order raw materials to last for one or more years at a time. They could be having problem getting those supplies delivered in high enough quantities to keep up with production. When things settle down supplies should be back to normal. I doubt the prices will get any lower and probably will increase as they always have.
Old February 12, 2013, 09:10 AM   #7
phillyr121

Bullets.....NONE

I have looked all over. Local, on line. Nobody has NUTIN. I guess I'll have to wait it out. In March is the Orlando Gun Show. I'm sure some vendors will be a no show. They won't have products. I'm hoping the major distributors of 9mm bullets will resupply shortly. Could be months before anybody has anything. Next when they return.." What will the price be " UGH......