The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 9, 2013, 02:26 AM   #26
Rinspeed

I always laugh when I hear people say the 239 is too heavy or doesn't hold enough rounds. Unlike most other Sigs it was designed from the start for concealed carry. If you think you need 13 or 15 rounds the 228/229, or the P2000/P30, is not a whole lot bigger. In the warmer months the 239 conceals great for me while being big enough to get a solid grip on.

If there is a more reliable and accurate pistol in the size and price range of the 239 I would consider buying one. Although I hate rubber grips the Hogue finger groove grips are a must for me on the 239. They really make a huge difference on how it handles.
Old February 9, 2013, 02:30 AM   #27
TunnelRat

Quote:
I always laugh when I hear people say the 239 is too heavy or doesn't hold enough rounds.
I never said it didn't hold "enough". If you need more than 8 rds in a concealed carry situation you are probably in way over your head. My comment was just that in the same size and for less weight there are platforms that can hold more rounds. If the OP likes them both equally in terms of feel and function, to me choosing more rounds is a no brainer.
Old February 9, 2013, 10:23 AM   #28
dayman

I desperately wanted to like the p2000sk, but I can second that - for me at least - the grip extension was right where my pinky wanted to be. So, I'd make sure to hold them both - if you weren't going to - and see if that guides your decision.
Personally I prefer the paddle mag release - particularly for a carry gun - as it's virtually impossible to hit it accidentally, and - again, for me - it's faster to use once you get used to it.
So, if it fits your hand I'd think the HK would be fantastic. I just wish it fit mine.

The SIG I haven't even looked at, so I can't say anything one way or the other. But they certainly have a sterling reputation in the real world, so I wouldn't pay attention to internet hate.
Old February 9, 2013, 10:40 AM   #29
TunnelRat

Quote:
I desperately wanted to like the p2000sk, but I can second that - for me at least - the grip extension was right where my pinky wanted to be.
Did you ever try the regular P2000? If you're going to use the grip extension on the sk might as well try the standard P2000 and you won't have the pinching issue.
Old February 9, 2013, 12:38 PM   #30
Destructo6

Quote:
a little extreme. yes but 10 years in LEO, combat pistol traing & qual etc. It's been my personal experience witnessing Sig malfunctions. I would not bet my life on one given other options. (They do feel good in the hand tho')
How much experience do you have with the P2000 line?

I've seen lots of cracked slides, more broken trigger rebound springs, plenty of cracked frames, etc but I'D attribute that to using the gun about as hard as can be. The P2000 is okay, but it has its own set of problems.

Keep all of them clean.
Old February 9, 2013, 11:47 PM   #31
IMTHDUKE

Quote:
That post was beyond nonsense and goofy.....it's a totally moronic thing to have said, or even to suggest because it's so blatantly false. Not sure what your agenda or intention REALLY is on here, but you've already got ZERO credibility in my book.
That was probably the most outlandish and ridiculous remark I have EVER seen on here.
Agreed....
Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig 1911 C3, P238, P938, P239, P232 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed) | Walter | PPK(German made 1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose | S&W|M&P
Old February 10, 2013, 10:29 AM   #32
HKGuns

HK > Sig.