The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 5, 2013, 10:20 PM   #1
delmasvbeavers

Just purchased a new Zigana C40 by Tisas

It only had one magazine, looking for an extra 11 round magazine; a factory fit or a applicable fit would do! any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by delmasvbeavers; February 6, 2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old February 6, 2013, 04:04 AM   #2
AndyWest

A Zigana is actually on my wish list. But looking around, yeah, it seems magazines are (especially) hard to find. So share with us, what did you pay, where did you get it, where do you live, how does it shoot, etc?
Old February 6, 2013, 11:42 AM   #3
delmasvbeavers

Zigana C40

Purchased the pistol from Classic Firearms for $329, but they have sold out since I ordered it. Just received it a couple days ago & haven't fired it yet. It looks & fills like a well made weapon. I read a lot of reveiws, most new owners were very impressed. Since I've never owned a 40 cal. before I don't even have no practice ammo yet, can't find none around here (S E West Virginia). Have some ordered off the net, but all back ordered. Ill post some more information if I get to take it to the range.
Old March 4, 2013, 06:38 PM   #4
40calguy88

cs40

I own one as well. I was in the market for a reliable all steel duty weapon in .40 S&W for armed security. I really wanted a sig but just didn't have the "sig" money so I stumbled onto a local dealers online post for one of these Tisas brand firearms brand new in box. I did my research and checked out the reviews and the videos of their manufacturing process. after seeing that I was sold on the reliability and accuracy that the weapon would provide. I ended up using my tisas cs40 over renting a glock from the firearms instructor for armed security weapons qual's and ended up scoring a 248/250 0 misses and all round with in the 10 ring except two which fell in the 7 ring from 21yrds out. not too bad for a pistol I have never shot before. anyways after that I was sold even more on the effectiveness and reliability of this weapon considering during the firearms qual's it operated flawlessly with zero FTE's or FTF's. I found out concerning the spare magazine's dilemma that you can in fact if you own the 40. S&W version or the 19x21 version you can buy a sig p226 magazine for either caliber and they operate in the weapon flawlessly as well. I bought a 15 round megar extended base plate p226 mag for mine. and the only qualm I have is that because the magazine retention holes are in slightly different locations on these guns you have to apply light pressure upwards to the bottom of the magazine to get it to cycle all the round and strip the magazine properly. however the magazine does fit perfectly in the magazine well and does lock properly into place. due to the scarcity of the spare magazines for this weapon that is a minor thing that i am willing to deal with that won't in my opinion effect the function of the firearm in any major way and therefore at least allows one to carry spare ammo should it ever be needed. I myself can live with it. and thought I'd share the info to those that might be interested in a workaround to the spare magazine availability issue. and what's great is there is no gun smithing required whatsoever a straight plug and play. as well as my duty holster made for a sig p228 fits this firearm 100% perfectly. its a blackhawk serpa level 2 rention paddle/belt holster in case anyone is wondering.
Old March 5, 2013, 05:55 AM   #5
Bart Noir

40calguy88, welcome to The Firing Line. Good first posting.

I had to google this one since I didn't recognize either the pistol or the manufacturer

So it is the first Turkish-made pistol I have seen that isn't an outright clone of some notable other model. I've seen Turkish made clones of H&K USP, Beretta 92, CZ-75. And of course the Stoeger Cougar is not even a clone since the Beretta Cougar production was moved to Turkey.

All of the Turkish pistols I have seen are well made and well-finished.

As it happens, I am in Ankara right now and as I get close to any Turkish cops or security guards I try to figure out what they have in the holster. That is not easy when all you can see is part of the pistol grip.

Bart Noir