The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 28, 2013, 01:29 PM   #1
Thud

Spanish Star FR 22 lr opinions

Who's got one? Tell me Your impressions, please. Thanks!
Old January 29, 2013, 09:13 AM   #2
candr44

I have one and like it but its not my favorite .22 pistol that I have. Its been reliable and accurate enough to hit what I'm shooting at.

The biggest down side of this gun is the company is out of business so parts and spare magazines aren't always easy to find. Its not a bad pistol to have if you can get it at a good price but I wouldn't rate it any better than a Ruger or Browning Buck Mark.
Old January 29, 2013, 12:17 PM   #3
WIL TERRY

ONE OF THE GREAT imported 22LR pistols. Mine, a 4" FR, shoots up a storm and has well over 7000 rounds through it as we speak. Mine has fully adjustable sights and the nicest walnut stocks you ever laid eyes upon; I made the latter myself if I do say so myself.
STAR was a world glass gun company who's centerfire pistol designs mostly transcended the COLT design from which they were "copied".
Old January 29, 2013, 03:12 PM   #4
Thud

Yes. 'Big' Stars like models A, B, were copies 'of the outside' of Colt 1911, but the mechanism is completely different, and in my opinion simpler. What brand of ammo does Your FR prefer. Thanks for the inputs, gentlemen.-