The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 27, 2013, 09:13 PM   #1
jbrown27

Help me with my next purchase

Hi all. I am new to the forum and need your input. I have my ccw a sweet thing named xds that I truly love. I also have a Sig sp2022 in 9mm and a SR40. I am looking into getting something that will serve both as a extra range gun and one that I could carry sometimes to mix things up if I chose to do so. I have narrowed it down to three as of now.

1 Caracal C- I know about the recall and would wait till they started shipping out the new ones. I am very interested in this gun from what I have read and seen. Several say that it is better than the Glock 19. I have also seen write ups stating that the trigger is amazing. Some say that it have one of if not the best trigger ever made in a stock semi auto. Also like that it passed the German military and or NATO testing with flying colors. I forget the name of the test or the steps they put the weapon through.

2. GLOCK 19- well its a Glock enough said. I don't have one and will get one just don't know if it will be my next one.

3 S&W MP 9C- I have read alot of good about this one. How is the trigger on it. One of my first pistols was a sigma in 40 and while it was 100% reliable I just couldn't get past that awful trigger pull. I assume that it is better.

While all three are pretty much same in size and would serve my purposes and will get one of each is some variation one day I am just looking for feedback on which should be my next one. Thanks
Old January 28, 2013, 08:15 AM   #2
loose_holster_dan

if you want to carry your sp2022, i have a great holster for it. pm me if interested. fyi - it carries just as well as the glock. the m&p9c will carry a little easier. no idea about the caracal.
"A Sig is like a lightsaber - not as clumsy or random as a Glock."
Old January 28, 2013, 02:09 PM   #3
+1k ammo

Not sure about the recall of the Caracal - I have a model F and yes the trigger is far far better than a stock Glock (G17) in my case.

The only thing is that there is about 0% after market for the Caracal, while the Glock has everything.

I still favor the Caracal though, and is quite accurate, nicely built and good looking and would give it a recommend to buy.
Old January 28, 2013, 02:33 PM   #4
ShootingNut

I have two M&P pistols, both in .40SW one full sized and the compact for carry. I have always loved the M&P series, and I for one have never had a gripe about the trigger. That said, I have heard others complain about the trigger.
My advice is you can't go wrong buying the M&Pc 9mm. I prefer the mag finger extensions for my pinky to rest on.
SN
Old January 28, 2013, 03:25 PM   #5
jbrown27

+1k just curious if you have the standard full slide length sights or the quick sights with the rear sight in front if the ejection port.