The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old January 20, 2013, 01:10 PM   #1
Gary L. Griffiths

Interesting Newsmax poll results

Just voted in a newsmax poll on Obama's proposed gun laws. I found the results interesting:

Quote:
Should the federal government regulate guns of any type?
Yes, it should - 127,283(26%) No, it should not - 349,723(73%)

Should Congress ban semi-automatic weapons?
Yes, it should - 98,358(20%) No, it should not - 380,441(79%)

If Congress does not act, should President Obama use an executive order to ban or strictly control the sale of semi-automatic weapons?
Yes, he should - 88,561(18%) No, he should not - 389,645(81%)

Do you agree that the Second Amendment gives citizens the right to own and bear guns without infringement?
Yes, I agree - 398,214(83%) No, I don't agree - 80,342(16%)
Of course, the mainstream media reports the troglodytes in Congress oppose gun control despite all the polls showing the public is in overwhelming support of new gun control laws. Kinda puts it all in perspective, doesn't it!
Violence is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and valorous feeling which believes that nothing is worth violence is much worse. Those who have nothing for which they are willing to fight; nothing they care about more than their own craven apathy; are miserable creatures who have no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the valor of those better than themselves. Gary L. Griffiths (Paraphrasing John Stuart Mill)
Old January 20, 2013, 01:16 PM   #2
h2otoo

I saw that poll. Actually, I took it. The last question was who did you vote for. I thought it strange that that was not included it the results.

Bob