The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 17, 2013, 11:04 PM   #1
EdInk

Mesa Tactical Urbino Stock

I just got an Urbino Tactical Stock for my Remington 870. I installed it this afternoon and so far I am really liking it a lot. (It comes with a Limbsaver buttpad that I think is going to make recoil a bit better too.)

I have not gotten to actually fire it with the stock yet. (Plan to go out with it next week of weather permits a range trip.) The fit and finish are great from what I can tell and the install was super easy.

IMHO it is MUCH nicer than the SpeedFeed stock offered from factory on certain models. I also considered their basic extra shell carrier but it didn't look like enough of an improvement over my old StarTac shell carrier, so I passed on ordering one of them. (They do make one that also has a picatinny rail built into it that looked nice but I like to keep my shotgun pretty utilitarian.)