The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old January 15, 2013, 10:13 AM   #26
Strafer Gott

If you think magazines caused failures before, wait un til they are all bubba'd up. The fact that 7 round magazines do not exist for many arms is not lost on them. On the other hand, it does create a remarkable opportunity for civil disobedience. It practically invites it. But let's not be hasty! The ballot box is still our primary weapon of democracy. Cuomo has commited political suicide, he just doesn't appreciate the fact of his demise. Let's see how many will throw themselves on his pyre. New yorkers have a grand opportunity to regain their rights. Throw the bums out.
Old January 15, 2013, 11:27 AM   #27
NYPD13

Unfortunately some of my neighbors will petition the Republic of NY for a redress of grievances at a cost of their freedom after arrest for violating Chancellor Cuomo's gun directives.
Old January 15, 2013, 11:54 AM   #28
MK11

Existing 10 round mags appear to be grandfathered--you just can't load them with more than 7 rounds.

How's that for cynical legislation?
Old January 15, 2013, 11:58 AM   #29
UtopiaTexasG19

Well, At least the common citizen will feel safer knowing all the crazies, gangbangers and robbers will only be carrying 7 rounds now.
Old January 15, 2013, 12:05 PM   #30
JimPage

" But let's not be hasty! The ballot box is still our primary weapon of democracy. Cuomo has commited political suicide, he just doesn't appreciate the fact of his demise. Let's see how many will throw themselves on his pyre. New yorkers have a grand opportunity to regain their rights. Throw the bums out. "

As an upstate New York state resident I can assure you that he will be re-elected. NYC is so heavilly pro Cuomo that he is almost bullet proof at the ballot box. Upstaters always lose to NYC.

Cogito, ergo armatum sum
Old January 15, 2013, 12:20 PM   #31
DesertFox5768

Has anyone here, in all their years of following gun politics, previously even HEARD of a law that says you can't fully load a legal magazine? Even if the courts do invalidate some of this law, that a Republican state senate would enthusiastically support this is horrifying. I truly do believe we may be looking at the future of gun laws nationwide.
Old January 15, 2013, 12:20 PM   #32
fsfty

Please don't lump us down staters together with the city. Long Island feels the same way you do. Everytime I vote, its meaningless...time to leave i think.
Old January 15, 2013, 12:28 PM   #33
DesertFox5768

Quote:
Please don't lump us down staters together with the city. Long Island feels the same way you do. Everytime I vote, its meaningless...time to leave i think.
My sincere condolences. I'm not much one for relocating, but I can say that were my state to pass laws like the one yours just did, I'd be gone in 30 days or less.
Old January 15, 2013, 12:42 PM   #34
Dr Big Bird PhD

Im always so sad to think about how the big cities are so socialized... I feel like the capitalists of the world create a city, build it up, and develop it. Then the parasites move there, use fear tactics and emotional appeals to gain power and demonize the people who made that city so great. Resistance lasts for awhile, but eventually it falls.

It's almost like a book about that should be written
Who you are is not a function of where you are. -Off Minor
Old January 15, 2013, 12:45 PM   #35
wogpotter

Making the round count drop from 10 to 7 will make a HUGE difference. But only as long as it takes wannabee mass killers to realize you can change magazines, like the LIRR mass killer did.

Elderly Hunter: “That's dashed unsporting. Probably Belgium.”
Old January 15, 2013, 01:33 PM   #36
Alabama Shooter

Quote:
Well, At least the common citizen will feel safer knowing all the crazies, gangbangers and robbers will only be carrying 7 rounds now.
They would not dare break the law by loading up more than the legal limit before knocking off a liquor store. The fear of the prosecution for that misdemeanor would be the last straw.
Old January 15, 2013, 01:40 PM   #37
spacecoast

Yeah, just imagine the penalty for carrying more than 7 rounds in the commission of a robbery. Terrifying.
Old January 15, 2013, 01:44 PM   #38
Alabama Shooter

I am curious though.

If you did not own a gun.

You owned a ten round magazine.

Loaded it with eight "bullets".

Could you be on your way to the big house in the name of safety?
Old January 15, 2013, 02:50 PM   #39
FlyFish

Quote:
I am curious though.

If you did not own a gun.

You owned a ten round magazine.

Loaded it with eight "bullets".

Could you be on your way to the big house in the name of safety?
If you do it in an NBC television studio, and you happen to "be somebody", I'm guessin' you'd be OK.
SASS #84900
Pemigewasset Valley Fish & Game Club
Old January 15, 2013, 06:15 PM   #40
cajun47

this is proof they will keep pushing for more gun control until all guns are outlawed. then machetes, then knifes, why not just skip to the rules slaves had?
Old January 15, 2013, 06:26 PM   #41
UtopiaTexasG19

"Please don't lump us down staters together with the city. Long Island feels the same way you do. Everytime I vote, its meaningless...time to leave I think."

Now is not the time to leave. Start organizing like minded folks and vote in a block to change things in your favor. Many of us feel our vote does not count at this time but walking away will eventually give these liberals a total victory. Don't let others run you out of your home because of what is going on now. Stay steady and get more involved.
Old January 15, 2013, 06:30 PM   #42
Alabama Shooter

People have been voting with their feet for a while now. The population in the US jumped 9% last decade. In NYS it rose 2%. Since then population has declined .15%
Old January 15, 2013, 06:56 PM   #43
cajun47

"Now is not the time to leave. Start organizing like minded folks and vote in a block to change things in your favor. Many of us feel our vote does not count at this time but walking away will eventually give these liberals a total victory. Don't let others run you out of your home because of what is going on now. Stay steady and get more involved."

i disagree. its hopeless over there. he and all gun/freedom loving americans should move to free(er) states, buy more guns and train for the upcoming war against states like ny.
Old January 15, 2013, 07:39 PM   #44
UtopiaTexasG19

"buy more guns and train for the upcoming war against states like ny."

That's the attitude that is going to push the situation over the edge and put the final nail in the coffin for what gun rights we have left. All it is going to take is a few hotheads who think they represent all lawful gun owners, going out and shooting at a few people, and then we have the whole nation against us, even a lot that are pro-gun now. Do you really want anarchy, foreign UN troops on our soil, people starving to death, no economy, having children living like animals. Let's get real here and do our part to work with the system as long as possible. All the chest beating and watching re-runs of Schwartzanegger movies gives a false idea of what you are proposing. The reality would be absolutely horrible. Let's work within the legal and political system until something else is necessary. We need to ask ourselves when was the last time we actually went to a political rally, worked for a candidate or talked to our children about politics. I have a "macho" neighbor that spouts off anarchy. The reality is that if someone took away his beer and football games for a week he would be on his knees begging for relief.
Old January 15, 2013, 08:28 PM   #45
cajun47

the gears of war are already in motion and can not be stopped. now do you want to continue living in lies and wait to be enslaved or executed or will you prepare?

this crap happens all the time around the world. the sooner you get over your denial the better off you will be. the good times are over america, its gonna be a world of **** here on out.

p.s.
the brits never stopped planning to take it back.
Old January 15, 2013, 08:31 PM   #46
Alabama Shooter

I don't think going to war with NY is a good idea. Very sad that you might think it is.
Old January 15, 2013, 08:36 PM   #47
RockyMtnTactical

You have to say this about the liberals, they are dumb as #%&! but they are getting smarter.
Old January 15, 2013, 08:48 PM   #48
Al Norris
Staff

Closed for two reasons.

1) The new mag limits laws are already being discussed here: New York State Gun Control - Passed!

2) Talk of insurrection, while we still have the other 3 boxes (soap; ballot; jury) to use, is not only pointless, it's unlawful. I would also point out that we are still far from a "kill or be killed" situation.