The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old December 23, 2012, 02:11 PM   #26
RUT

>>Well on the bright side this might be a plan that actually stimulates the economy.<<

But only for the short term. I had one LGS lamenting the fact that once all his guns are cleaned out he's not going to be able to replace them. Then what?
Old December 23, 2012, 02:13 PM   #27
TheGoldenState

Quote:
But only for the short term. I had one LGS lamenting the fact that once all his guns are cleaned out he's not going to be able to replace them. Then what?
Then we'll sell them back to him at a gouging price, and he'll re-sell them at a re-re-gouged price to the next folks lined up.
Old December 23, 2012, 02:32 PM   #28
tahunua001

only if the ban takes effect either before we resell them then he has no source of new guns but if he buys them back and the ban takes effect he has a bunch of overpriced and non transferable guns that he can't sell. so yeah that would be a foolish endeavor.

and the assessment that this is not a good thing for the economy is a good one. people rushing out to get guns is all well and good and america will be a safer place because of it however think of the millions of dollars of credit card debt is being racked up in addition to the normal influx of debt around the holiday season and how long it will take some of these people to get out of debt. months of rationing, (IE not leaving the house unless absolutely necessary, ramen and mac&cheese diets, no family night outs, no new toys/video games for the kids, spa days for the wives, and range days for the dads) will hurt the economy for several months following this buyers frenzy. this is the exact same thing that has caused the economic crisis in the united states, spending beyond your means and when you finally try to get out of debt all of your money is going to debtors rather than businesses, this is just a much more rapid progression in a more concentrated market.
Bean counters told me I couldn't fire a man for being in a wheelchair, did it anyway. Ramps are expensive.-Cave Johnson.