The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old December 12, 2012, 11:47 PM   #26
SerenityNetworks

I only have three pistols, but I've shot plenty of others. The 22/45 is by far and away my favorite. I just can't imagine a more enjoyable pistol.

In regards to the takedown and reassembly, I never found it much of a problem if I followed the instructions. But the steps are not intuitive (at least for me), thus I have a problem remembering the reassembly steps without some sort of aide - and I loathe keeping a printout nearby. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I'm not dull either. I can memorize a sentence. I used mnemonics of one sort or another many years ago, while in school, to remember long strings of information. So I just made a couple short ones for the 22/45. I just repeat it back slowly and the pistol goes back together without a hitch.

I've attached a copy to this thread as-well-as placing it inline. If it helps someone then great. If you've got a better/easier one then please post it.

Regards,
Andrew

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ruger-22-45-MIII_Mnemonic.jpg (139.4 KB, 12 views)
Old December 13, 2012, 04:30 PM   #27
Japle

One of the nicest accessories for the 22/45 (or any Ruger .22 auto) is the titanium bolt racker. After you’ve been pinched about 30 times, it becomes a necessity.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/168...mark-i-mark-ii

NOTE: The thing’s supposed to stay in place with the set screws. It doesn’t. I marked the rear of the bolt and ground a couple of dimples for the screws to index in. 10,000+ rounds later, it’s still right there.