The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old December 9, 2012, 06:44 PM   #1
mmb713

22/45 Mark III mag disconnect removal

I just removed the magazine disconnect on my Mark III 22/45. What a difference! Reassembly is now the same as a Mark II, the trigger is so much better and the magazines now drop free. I replaced the disconnect with a Tandemkross hammer bushing, which I ordered from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00

It arrived early and the quality is first rate. It is truly a drop in piece, no deburring or fitting required. It came with a link to video instructions on Youtube which made the install a breeze.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=53d8ucGbcqM#!

To make matters even sweeter I got the shipping charges waived (I have no idea why but I didn't dispute it) and I used my Amazon Visa rewards points to pay for it so I got it for free. Can't wait to get it to the range again. Now if there were only a way to eliminate the slot for the loaded chamber indicator. I never use the LCI either. I always check the chamber condition the old fashioned way, open the action and put your eyeballs on the chamber. I forget the silly thing is even there.
Old December 9, 2012, 06:52 PM   #2
Fishbed77

I've installed the similar bushing made and sold by Sam Lam, and it totally transforms the Mark III. It improves the trigger, and makes field stripping a breeze.

Highly recommended for all Mark III owners.

Last edited by Fishbed77; December 9, 2012 at 07:00 PM.