The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 16, 2012, 05:12 PM   #26
Mystro

I' m gonna get one. I see its beauty as a handgun hunter.
Old November 16, 2012, 07:43 PM   #27

Quote:
.50: Bears in kevlar. That belongs in someone's sig. LOL.

ScotchMan: Why not yours? Make sure you credit me.
Done.
Old November 16, 2012, 08:22 PM   #28

Many thanks to all who commented. I put 200 rounds through the rental. Most accurate handgun I remember ever shooting. I was tacking nails by the second clip, and I'm an average marksman.

I bought both Five-seveNs they had in stock along with a case of ammo (at cost because I bought a few other guns as well).

One of my better days. The 5-7 doesn't kick much, but almost doubles as a flame-thrower. I don't know why I didn't buy one a few years ago. I guess I was one who had thought it to be the world's most pricey .22Mag.

The PS90 is gonna be expensive to shoot though, I suppose. So I ordered two more cases of ammo while they were discounting it.

It's exactly what you guys said, both pro and con. I'm a lover.
Old November 17, 2012, 01:33 AM   #29
barnbwt

Quote:
I think I remember reading about a gut on a FN forum that has never cleaned his Five-seveN, he wanting to see how far it goes without cleaning,
They do seem to run very clean for a blowback type weapon (delayed or otherwise). I've never noticed soot of any kind in mine (granted, I don't usually burn through hundreds at a whack; $$$)

Quote:
I guess I was one who had thought it to be the world's most pricey .22Mag.
Ya'know, I personally think it's because of the size. Even though the cartridge has all the same elements of a .357sig or even a .308 cartridge (bottle neck, brass, primer, powder, high-quality bullet), it is the size of a 22WMR, and in many inexperienced folks' minds, that means they must have performance and price parity. Like how lots of people seem to think a 30-06 is miles above a 308 in performance (and recoil), when in reality they do nearly the same thing most of the time.

TCB