The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 2, 2012, 03:45 PM   #1
Lead Express

Any experience with Friendswood bullets?

Hey all,

I purchased some bullets on 4-18-12, and was told by them that my order would ship by the next day (via express mail). Well, it's the 2nd and I haven't gotten them yet. Has anyone had good experience with them?

This is my last order of bullets to tie me over until I start casting.

http://www.friendswoodbullet.com/
Old May 2, 2012, 05:06 PM   #2
Dakotared

Have you tried to contact them? When I ordered from another place they told me the same thing online. 3 weeks later I called and they said the ones I ordered would not be made for another 3 weeks. I told them I ordered the one I did because their web site claimed it was in stock. They then told me they could send out a similar one the next day so I said fine. They did ship the other one but not for close to a week later. So I will not be using them again. No it is not the same place you bought from but from what I have seen your story is common but I would call them.
Old May 2, 2012, 05:11 PM   #3
Lead Express

I should have mentioned that I've left a message, and called daily with no answer. I was told that they were in stock and would ship the next day. I'm glad the boolit making equipment is on the way later this month.
Old May 2, 2012, 07:14 PM   #4
Cajun Ken

I have placed two orders with Richard, the owner, and I was well pleased with both. He made and shipped them promptly. Both orders were for .380 ACP LRN and their uniformity was better than the .38 spl LSWBB from MAGNUS.

He operates from his house and I think he probably has a day job.

Good Luck
Old May 3, 2012, 01:58 AM   #5
Lead Express

Good to know! Nothing wrong with working hard these days. I appreciate the input.
Old May 3, 2012, 08:49 AM   #6
Gahunter12

I also placed a order online. I received a e-mail from Richard saying they were processing my order and would take a week. I called and e-mailed them Friday, Monday, and Tuesday this week. Richard called me back about 11:30a on Tuesday stating my order would ship on Wednesday. Richard seemed to be a very nice guy and a pleasure to deal with, but a very busy guy also. He said he had a couple new employees starting soon to keep up with demand. He said since January there monthly rate of orders had tripled.
Old May 3, 2012, 05:07 PM   #7
Brian10

Wow, sweet. I didn't know I had a bullet caster just 10 minutes away from my house. I'm going to have to contact them to see if I can pickup an order to save on shipping.
Old May 3, 2012, 05:09 PM   #8
Brian10

Ok, I guess local pickup is a no-go.

As of January 15th 2010, Friendswood Bullet Company no longer allows local pickups from our shop in Friendswood, TX unless they are for quantities of 5000 rounds or more or you have picked up from us in the past. There are a number of gun stores that retail Friendsood Bullets in the Houston area. For small amounts of bullets, please support your local dealer - or we can mail them to you.
Old May 3, 2012, 10:49 PM   #9
oldreloader

I've only ordered from Friendswood once but was satisfied with the service and the bullets are excellent.
Old May 17, 2012, 09:59 AM   #10
azklmsr

i sent an order in on 4/9.

still don't have them and they don't answer the phone or return emails

they have my $130. I'm very dissatisfied!
Old May 17, 2012, 03:51 PM   #11
Auditor

Currently I have an order open with them. Order placed on 5/9 and no notice of shipment has been recieved yet. I did get an e-mail reply that they were just finishing up the .45 230s I had ordered. I don't think it's just Friendswood. All the lead mfrs seem to be experiencing long delivery time. Hope there isn't a lot of hoarding going on. Planning on ordering earlier than usual when supply gets down might help. In MHO, it will get worse.
Old May 17, 2012, 08:15 PM   #12
Lead Express

Well, to add my input here....

I called them and left several messages with no callback. Three weeks later, I left one last message. Instead of a callback, I received a shipment label that the items were to be sent out the following day.

They ARE, however, quality bullets. I don't like dogging companies in our industry, but I received poor service. I may be the one out of a thousand orders that received it, but I am still alive.
Old October 10, 2012, 11:03 PM   #13
Friendswood Bullets

Friendswood Bullet Company

To everyone on this thread. Please accept our sincerest apologies for anyone that had experienced delays in the past or a lack of returned calls. I accept full responsibilities for the previous delays. As one poster noted, I did hire new employees subsequently have our inventory issues corrected at this time. All items have inventory on the shelf. It has also been a personal goal of mine to make sure all calls are either answered immediately or returned the same day. Previously the calls were neglected due to a decisions to focus all efforts on getting inventory out as quickly as possible. Both issues have been resolved and it is our hope that you would give us a chance to prove it.
Old January 7, 2014, 04:57 PM   #14
cwr44

I am still having the same problem with Friendswood. I ordered on Nov. 20 2013 and started emailing and calling Jan 2,3,4,5,6 and 7, 2014. none of my emails have been answered and none of my phone calls have been returned. They sure took my money quick. I'm wondering if I've just lost that money or will I recieve bullets in about 4 months as others have. The bank tells me I have to make a police report to to do debit dispute and try to get my money back. A returned email or phone call would save me a lot of trouble.
Old January 7, 2014, 08:30 PM   #15
Nick_C_S

I've mentioned this on other threads too:

The last time I ordered from Friendswood was on 9/7/13. I received the package on 12/19/13. I had actually given up on them ever arriving - figured I was out $83. Then they randomly showed up one day.

During the wait, I tried to reach out to Richard several times via e-mail, and he never returned my messages. I figured he skipped town with all his pending orders' money or something.

I'm not a difficult customer. I would have been fine if he had just set proper expectations. If it's going to take 3 months, then put that on the site. Or at least respond to my e-mails stating the backlog and a realistic timeframe. That's all I ask. The silence spoke volumes.

I'm not the only one whose experienced this with him.

He makes a great bullet, but he's got some fence-mending to do with his customers right now.
Old January 8, 2014, 12:05 AM   #16
Billy Shears

Got some more recently. Great bullets, but I get them from Powder Valley. I've learned the hard way to always buy from a trustworthy vendor. It's almost always less of a headache and generally cheaper too even though I'm going through a middle man. The folks at Powder Valley are about as fine as they come.
Old February 15, 2014, 07:10 PM   #17
45Slade

Powder Valley has dropped Friendswood Bullets. They didn't explain why. I tried to order through them and was contacted explaining that they were cancelling the order as they weren't carrying that line anymore.
Old February 15, 2014, 08:30 PM   #18
Nick_C_S

So have I

With reluctance. My loyalty isn't hard to keep, as long as the product is good. And Friendswood had a good product.

What they didn't have was communication. If they were just open about what was going on, I would have been much more willing and able to deal with the situation.

It's too bad.
Old February 16, 2014, 09:52 AM   #19
Real Gun

As a small, online merchant in another field, I too am having trouble with trivial, pestering communications, which would be okay if I had a customer service department. You either work on backlogs or answer mail and the phone, not both. I do think an order acknowledgement is called for, one automatic to make sure the order went through, and one manual and more personal to confirm that a real person received it, not some dead website that still accepts payments. I've got two of those orders of my own to fix.

I think a customer deserves an estimate of when the order will be shipped and the option to cancel for full credit. However, if a customer is fully informed that he is placing a backorder, the vendor should not have to pay a credit card processing percentage to allow a cancellation with full refund.

All that said, I am not much different as a customer. I expect some level of communication, not a black hole.

I like the Friendswood bullets that I have.
Old March 21, 2014, 04:53 AM   #20
suspenders_slim

DOnt DO IT, save the hassle!!

I ordered bullers middle January 2015. After 6 weeks started calling them, wrote several emails. No response from anybody, emails or phone. I even wrote to authorise.net explaining they are collecting peoples money and this company is not delivering any goods, well they didnt care. SO I contacted my bank, I used my Visa debit card, and my bank within a week got my money back. I had to shut off my debit card first and get issued another one after tis was over. What a hassle, but I did get my money back. Hope this helps.They are still excepting money for orders, sooner or later, state of Texas will catch up to them, they will be making license plates instead of bullets!!
Old March 21, 2014, 07:47 AM   #21
kerreckt

It is sad to hear the negative experiences. I have bought from them about 2 years ago. That was before I started casting. My experiences were good. As I remember, they did not have enough to fill one order. They sent me what they had and kept me posted on the progress of the balance. I received them in a reasonable amount of time. The order was for about 3k total and they were all of good quality. Times have changed.
Old April 8, 2014, 06:07 AM   #22
richpmd

It is sad that these guys are being spoken of in this manner. As mentioned above Friendswood appears to be a home built business. They are the "victims" of their own success probably selling way more than Richard ever imagined. Their products and prices are great!! They do seem to have made an adjustment in that they are prominently posting:

Attention!
Due to unprecedented demand we are experiencing a longer than normal ship time. Please allow 4 weeks for orders to be delivered.
We appreciate your patience.

Give them a second chance but order early. It'll be worth the wait!!
Old April 8, 2014, 11:05 AM   #23
jamrock

Friendswood 124gr 9mm lead bullet: 500qty for $31.75 + shipping 14.50 = $.09

Widerners 124gr 9mm lead bullet: 3000qty for $145 = $.04 per bullet includes shipping

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.c...1083|1127|1683

Or I could just buy Jacketed cmj from MontanaGold which won't smoke 3,700qty for $370 = $.09 same price of Friendswood no smoke to deal with
Old April 8, 2014, 06:43 PM   #24
richpmd

This math is somewhat misleading: 31.75 X 6 = 190.5 + 14.50 = 205. That comes to 6.833 cents per bullet, much closer to Widener's price (where they are currently out of stock by the way).

Last edited by richpmd; April 8, 2014 at 07:25 PM.
Old April 8, 2014, 09:04 PM   #25
jamrock

Quote:
This math is somewhat misleading: 31.75 X 6 = 190.5 + 14.50 = 205. That comes to 6.833 cents per bullet, much closer to Widener's price (where they are currently out of stock by the way).
Friendswood at $205
Wideners's at $145
---------------------
Wideners saves $60 - I will wait and take that savings everyday of the week

At $.07 I would rather buy blackbulletsinternational I can actually shoot those indoors without the person in the lane next to me complaining. https://www.blackbulletsinternational.com/Videos.html