The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 8, 2012, 07:27 AM   #26
mustang400

My 6" Witness 10mm Hunter runs great with any ammo.

I have two Witness Match's, $550 for 10mm. As long as you stay at least with the Witness Match or Stock series every issue you have ever heard about witness's will never happen to you. Also you must have the new K10 mags(black followers).
Going with the Match 10mm will mean the Glock will end up in the safe!
Old April 8, 2012, 11:43 AM   #27
Patrice

"Any input would be greatly appreciated."
________

Hhmmm...Well, since one asked....Cracked slides and magazines & customer service that don't seem to work. Of course, the word is that all that has changed! However, I'll pass on that brand....I don't feel lucky today.--Patrice
Old May 7, 2012, 07:43 AM   #28
Idahokid

Witness

I have two witness pistols and there customer service with me has been great.I have know problems with them.The pistols are very nice and very accurate.
Old May 20, 2012, 04:00 AM   #29
platform

@Airborne Falcon -- did you decide ?

Witness match (single action, match grade barrel version) is simply very very good.
Old May 20, 2012, 03:15 PM   #30
mmb713

If you're going for the Witness the Match is the way to go. For not a lot more money you get a whole lot more gun.
Old May 20, 2012, 05:28 PM   #31
floydster

I have a Witness Elite Match in 38 Super and 45 ACP, both excellent shooters. Both have over 10,000 fired, still run great-- Hi end 1911's, no problem for the Match pistols.
Old May 20, 2012, 05:44 PM   #32
smee78

Have you given any thought about the S&W 10mm? I love mine and built like a tank.
Old May 21, 2012, 09:52 AM   #33
Airborne Falcon

Thanks guys - much appreciated.

Well, I got the G20 but I've decided I am going to have to have the Witness Match as well. I'm probably going to order it when the first quarter bonus money comes in at the end of this month.

smee78 - I had not considered the Smithy, but I'll go look now and thanks for the heads up.
Old May 22, 2012, 07:23 AM   #34
Skans

EAA Witness "Stock" owner here - love it; would never trade it for a Glock. Ihave a Glock 17 that I never could grow to love. As soon as i picked up my Stock, I fell in love with it; It's extremely accurate, easy to control, and the trigger is excellent.
Old October 1, 2012, 05:40 PM   #35
lilguy

Bringing this back to life if you all don't mind.
Have my list of choices in 10 mm

Witness Stock II Chrome

Witness Match

Glock M20c

The Stock is DA and Chromed, the Match is SA. What else adds to the 80% price premium of the Stock II.

The Glock is compensated and a bit more than Match.

Thanks all
Old October 1, 2012, 07:41 PM   #36
bamaranger

for me

I've read too many posts about EAA 10mm's to get very excited about one. The price seems right, but cracked slides.....not for me.

The 10mm will ask for everything the pistol can give. The G20 has a rep of tough and purpose designed. I'd know which I would (and did) choose.
Old November 3, 2012, 08:41 AM   #37
Airborne Falcon

I took both of them up to Alaska with me, and left them up there in the cabin. Coldest it got where we are was mid twenties, but it was late spring. While I am probably going to invest in a Smithy 460 while I am down here for the winter, I'll still keep the 10mms with me indoors. I shot both the G20 and EAA in below freezing weather and they performed fine, but if we ever do decide to stay up there year round I might worry a little bit about an all steel semi. Still, they both are great shooters and I've had zero problems with either of them.