The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 30, 2012, 03:25 PM   #1
DBLAction454

Help me decide

So I've recently been looking at a Springfield XD45. I like the way the gun points and it feels better than a Glock 21.
The gun I train with the most is a USP45. But I want to buy another full size 45 in a striker platform to have as a BUG and for a little variety. Plus a $490 price tag makes it very affordable to shoot that big 45 round that I love so much. And the trigger is much smoother and has a cleaner break than the glock and feels close to my HKs

So I guess what I'm asking is the XD45 a decent choice?

I have no interest in the XDM.

Thanks!

-DBLAction454

Last edited by DBLAction454; September 30, 2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old September 30, 2012, 03:30 PM   #2
hollowpointt

XD

I am not an XD fan I have a G21 that so far has been excellent. The Xd for me just does not feel balanced. My shooting buddy has a XD though and really likes it. If it feels right its a quality handgun go for it.
Old September 30, 2012, 03:32 PM   #3
huntinaz

I have not shot a Glock in 45, but I love the XD in 45. I've shot several of them, all have been great. I will own one eventually.
Old September 30, 2012, 06:59 PM   #4
thinktwice

I have a Glock 21 and had an XD-45. I choose to get rid of the XD to buy something else, can't even remember what it was now. The only reason I let the XD go instead of the Glock is because I have had the G-21 for a long time and I had really gotten attached to it plus I did shoot it better than I did the XD. But in my opinion the XD is every bit as tough and reliable as the Glock. I think it's a great pistol, and wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. It just comes down to what feels better to you.
Old September 30, 2012, 07:22 PM   #5
Spats McGee
Staff

I think I've held a grand total of 1 Glock 21 in my life. (I was in an office building at that particular moment, so shooting it was out of the question.) A buddy of mine let me put a few magazines through his XD45 recently, and I really liked it. I'm sure the G21 is a fine weapon, but by all accounts, the XD line generally is also well-built and durable.

If you ever have a real need for more than a couple of magazines, your problem is not a shortage of magazines. It's a shortage of people on your side of the argument. -- Art Eatman