The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old September 20, 2012, 09:08 PM   #51
cambeul41

Interesting.

My formerly Japanese wife plans to finish her PhD dissertation in industrial engineering next month and have all else finished early next year. One of her scholarships requires that she teach at the university level for X years.

At this time, she has no intention of applying anywhere she doesn't like the gun laws. (Thank the powers that be.)
Old September 23, 2012, 09:33 AM   #52
leadchucker

I see several people in here have opted not to take up a job or residence in an anti-second-amendment state. Enough to be a significant factor? IDK.

Perhaps people in these states need to be made aware that their anti-second-amendment policies are costing them potential taxpayers.
Old September 24, 2012, 04:23 AM   #53
Justice06RR

^ Unfortunately, yes it is enough to deter some of us to move to such restrictive places as NJ, NYC, CA, or Chicago. I have always wanted to live in NYC, but with their ridiculous nanny laws it is NOT worth it. I can always just visit for vacation, or live in a relaxed border state.

Some of us would not readily give up our freedoms and rights...