|September 21, 2012, 09:10 AM||#1|
Join Date: March 5, 2010
Location: Bloomington, Indiana
Help Me: Rifle ID- Appraisal
Good morning Sirs and Ladies.
Long story short, I have a buddy who made a sporting-equipment-to-gun trade recently and is looking to liquidate an AR-15. Since he took it on trade, he isn't entirely sure about the actual value of the weapon. I know enough to know how much I don't know; so I recommended we come here for a little help. Listed below is a photo of the weapon, and a quick list of everything I have been able to identify with nothing more than a couple of photographs. I was really hoping some of you Gurus could help me fill in some of the gaps so I can make sure my friend doesn't sell this thing at a bandit price.
I know or can make out the following with the listed values. Please feel free to correct me if you find I've made any ID errors...
1. Base CMMG AR-15 rifle chambered in 5.56x45mm with less than 100 rds fired through it - $750-800
2. Chrome-lined barrel and BCG- $200???
2. Millett 1-4 x 24 DMS Designated Marksman Red-Dot Rifle Scope BK81002 $250
3. Burris P.E.P.R. Scope mount- $100
4. MFT BUS Stock- $100
5. Magpul BAD Lever- $30
6. Magpul MOE Pistol Grip- $20
7. LMT Ambi Safety Selector- $30
8. KNS Precision Anti-Walk Trigger/Hammer Pins- $30
9. Dual 45degree picatinny rails 4-slot?- $20????
10. Unkown Handguard??? Freefloat???
11. Unkown Gas Block (Piston/DI?)???
12. Unkown Trigger??? I'm not sure if anyone can tell just by looking at the trigger face.
13. Some uknown Big Latch Charging Handle- $(60-70???)
I am hoping to get a few pictures of the internals so I can see more about the FCG and BCG. I also think it's got an aftermarket flash hider but can't tell for sure.
If I am wrong on any of these counts, or anyone can help with a weathered eye, I sure would appreciate it. I think he's got a $1500 rifle on the low end that's ready for 3-gun tomorrow.
He traded $1000 of exercise equipment for this, 4 Magpul PMAGS, and a 9mm Sig P226 with 4 magazines. Sometimes I just hate people.
Thank you bunches for any help anyone can provide.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ- Greek:"Come and take them..." Meaning: Here we peaceably stand as armed and free men, willing to defend that peace, and ready to make war upon anyone who threatens that freedom.
|September 22, 2012, 06:37 AM||#2|
Join Date: November 2, 2007
Location: Northern Orygun
If your friend got the rifle and a Sig P226 for 1K retail exercise equipment he did OK.
In my AO the rifle would be around 1K+/-.
|appraisal , ar15 , assistance , identification , trade|