The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old September 18, 2012, 02:19 PM   #26
223 shooter

Picked up a new P226 with E2 grip earlier this year. Fits my small hand better than my compact P239. Zero issues with this pistol. Great trigger in both DA and SA mode. And the accuracy is better than any other service pistol I have ever fired.
Old September 18, 2012, 02:45 PM   #27
Crow Hunter

My brother has a Sig P226 Blackwater that shoots great.

A friend was so impressed that got the non Blackwater edition about 6 months ago (I think). It shot about 7" low and 4" to the right at 7 yards. Not even on a 8.5 X 11" sheet of paper unless you held at the top of the page.

Sig told him to change ammo.

He finally pitched a fit and they took it back and worked on it. From what I understand it is fine now.

That is the only recent experience that I have with Sigs.

Although I am really jonesing to try out a Sig P239 for some reason.

Anyone want to let me borrow one for a while?

Good luck.
Old September 19, 2012, 08:54 AM   #28
Father Time

Quote:
A friend was so impressed that got the non Blackwater edition about 6 months ago (I think). It shot about 7" low and 4" to the right at 7 yards. Not even on a 8.5 X 11" sheet of paper unless you held at the top of the page.

Sig told him to change ammo
Good lord.... That says it all. *insert facepalm JPG. here*
Old September 19, 2012, 02:17 PM   #29
ClydeFrog

The real SAS...

A NRA magazine(printed) article about the UK's elite SAS(Special Air Service) stated they use a few classic SIG Sauer models(P229, P226, etc).
Former 22nd SAS Regiment(the counter-terrorist unit) trooper Andy McNab said SIG pistols worked great in rough environments and were picked by SAS members more than Glocks, Berettas or HK sidearms.

Clyde
Old September 19, 2012, 04:06 PM   #30
m&p45acp10+1

I have not heard anything bad about Sig with the exception of some complaints about customer service from law enforcement armorers seeking either perst or service for some of the duty guns. Though that was several years ago. Also the same can be said of most gun makers at one point in time or another.

BTW My P-250 sub compact in 9mm has been flawless. The DAO trigger is a bit heavy, though it is clean. No grit, slack, or excessive over travel. It shoots to POA with several weights, and velocities of bullets, and eats my dirty hand loads like a hungry pig at the trough.
Old September 19, 2012, 04:35 PM   #31
Hard Ball

Its hard to beat a 9mm SIG P226