The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 14, 2012, 07:53 PM   #26
TunnelRat

Quote:
here is a link to a picture of a vehicle mounted M240 machine gun.
And here is a link to it being carried by a soldier...

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl...r:10,s:0,i:160

I'm not sure of your point . Can you mount a LMG on a vehicle? Why yes you can. Does that make it the only purpose of said LMG? Why no it doesn't.

Quote:
I will concede on the M249 though. for some reason I was getting it confused with the M2(which is also vehicle mounted).
Not sure how you confused the mother of all heavy machineguns that fires the awesome 50 cal with a squad automatic weapon that fires assault weapon caliber ammunition.

I say we just admit there was a misunderstanding, and go back to talking about the actual point of this thread.
Old September 15, 2012, 03:32 AM   #27
Theohazard

I hate to keep this thread off-topic, but the M240 is the primary infantry machine gun of the US military. I spent four years in the Marine Corps infantry either lugging that thing around or being in charge of someone who did. I can count on one hand the number of times we mounted ours on any kind of vehicle.

And as a side note, the M240 is not an LMG; trust me, there's nothing "light" about it. Despite what video games would have you believe, it's a medium machine gun, and a rather large and heavy one at that.
Old September 15, 2012, 07:03 AM   #28
chadio

A friend of mine has the FNP9 - stellar handgun, had several opportunities to fire it. We like hammers - some like strikers. Suit yourself.

Keep in mind: he got the FNP9, 5 magazines, and case, brand new for $399.