The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 5, 2012, 07:19 PM   #51
waymore

rrockfee, both defective product did go back to ruger. if you look at the pictures I posted you can really tell a difference in the old one and the new one. Two different problems with two defective slides
Old September 5, 2012, 07:28 PM   #52
waymore

Ruger customer service update:

after emailing the customer service supervisor with pics and details of problems i had, I was called by a service rep shortly after my gun arrived there with an offer for them to send me a new LC9 or pay an upgrade for a different gun. I chose a SR9C because it seemed like a good alternative for my purposes of purchasing the LC9. Rep said I woild need to pay an extra $47 for the upgrade. I asked her if she would be able to comp the price due to the price I paid for the LC9 when i bought it when they were just coming out and marked up and due to all the extra mags i purchased for the gun that are now useless. she checked with manager and called back. said she could waive the fee but they wont cover FFL charges if they do. Anyhow should have an SR9C soon.

if anybody is still reading
Old September 5, 2012, 08:34 PM   #53
lee n. field

Quote:
light strike failures
Interesting, interesting.

The Kel Tec PF9, of which the LC9 is a copy "homage" , is also subject, some of them, to intermittent light strike failures.

Mine (KT) had the problem, about once per box of anything, until it made a trip to the mothership. No problem since. Slide, and other parts, were replaced.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old September 5, 2012, 09:58 PM   #54
waymore

lee. from my research thats been the most common problem with the LC9 early models. that why they are sending the replacement sides out without even seeing the guns.
Old September 5, 2012, 10:17 PM   #55
K_Mac

I have an SR9c that has been perfect. I shot a friends LC9 quite a bit while he was breaking it in. The LC9 worked just fine, but it is not much fun to shoot. The long trigger pull is really hard to get used to. What I'm saying is I think you will like the the SR9c much better if you don't mind the extra size and weight.

"If you let "need" be a requirement and Government be the arbiter of that "need", then Liberty is as dead as King Tut." Jimbob86
Old September 6, 2012, 11:23 PM   #56
waymore

K Mac I think the SR9C will suit me just fine. I've been carrying a sig sp2022 in the LC9's place. Not comfortable an have had to change my wardrobe. Bought the LC9 because seemed like an easy intro into carry. The SR9C should fit me just fine.

Cheers
Old September 9, 2012, 10:06 AM   #57
pete2

I have an LC9 and it has been totally reliable so far, probably 500 rounds thru it. I trust it enough to carry it. I'm more accurate with it than my 642 especially rapid fire. I really like it.
Old September 9, 2012, 06:12 PM   #58
Marquezj16

JUst took mine to the range today. I shot 100 rounds of WWB. 100% function. I need to shoot this more as I was not as accurate to 25 yards with my other pistols. Basically I have to slow down with my follow up shot or I miss the 10" gong. Not the guns fault but mine.