The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old August 4, 2012, 08:37 PM   #26
redhawk45

Here is my example.

Last edited by redhawk45; August 4, 2012 at 09:59 PM.
Old August 4, 2012, 08:55 PM   #27
Aguila Blanca

Quote:
Originally Posted by preacherblb
AB the DS & 206 grip frames are identicle in dimensions, so grips,(IE; Hogue or Pachmeyer) made for a DS will fit the Armscor.
Well, you're close, but the dimensions in fact are not identical. I put a pair of Pachmayer rubber grips (just like the ones in the M1911.ORG on-line review) on mine. I lucked out -- the shop at my range had a pair hanging on the grips pegboard behind the counter. They went on, but they don't quite close up fully at the front strap.

I also have a pair of square butt (third generation) DS factory grips on my workbench. They will NOT fit on the Armscor -- there's a gap of perhaps 1/16" to 3/32". I'm pretty certain I can shave the inside with a rotary burr on a Dremel to make them work but, out of the box, they do not fit.
Old August 7, 2012, 06:41 PM   #28
Bart Noir

I also am a fan of the 3-inch DS.

I found one just like Redhawk shows us, and I had one built on a Police Positive Special. That second one has the late model heavy DS barrel.

So there are days when I hold them both and wonder which I like better. The heavier barrel makes for a steady hold on target, but the ramped front sight on it is not as good as the older DS front sight.

I think I'd sell off my 2-inch DS before I'd let either of the 3-inch guns go.

Is the EAA Windicator the same general size as the Colt D-Frame? But, even if it is, they are made in 2 and 4-inch versions, but not 3.

Bart Noir
Old August 9, 2012, 01:10 PM   #29
shnike

S&W was pretty close a few years ago with the 315 in the Nightguard series; 2.5in barrel, 6 shot, 38spl+P rated. They pop up online every so often, but can't justify they $800 asking price. Should've grabbed one when they were in production.